The Parents Arrive

Chase and Skye played one round of pup-pup boogie and after both of them ended in a tie, Ryder, Robo-Dog, and the pups returned with the food they needed for their party. Chase and Skye quickly put the game away and helped Ryder and the pups carry the food inside and placed it on a short table.

The pups marveled at the food like it was a box of treasure. There was bread, cheese, corn, eggs, fish, ham, honey, popcorn, pork, shrimp, turkey, apples, blueberries, peaches, raspberries, strawberries and watermelon. There was so much of it, they weren't sure if all of them and their parents could finish the whole table.

"Wow." Chase quietly said in disbelief and turned to Ryder with a surprised look.

"H-How much did all of this cost?" Chase asked between chuckles.

"Hehe, I think I've spent a little too much, but at least we'll have a full meal when we get back." Ryder said and the pups cheered.

"So, when are we gonna pick them up?" Zuma asked with an excited tone, he couldn't wait to see his parents again and Ryder looked over at the clock.

1:35 PM

"We'll go around five, does that sound good?" Ryder asked and the pups agreed.

"Man! I can't wait for all of our parents to meet again!" Everest said as she was already imagining all of them together in the Lookout.

"Yeah, I also can't wait for them to see us go on missions too." Rocky brought up and that sentence made all of the pups except Chase, even more excited. The pups always wanted to show their parents what kind of missions they go on and what their role is.

"How long are they staying here for?" Marshall asked as he looked up towards Ryder.

"They told me they'd be staying here until Christmas, which is two months away." Ryder said with a grin and the pups cheered much louder while Chase sat there and just faked a smile.

"So, what should we do until four?" Rubble asked as he looked at the pups and they all looked at each other.

"How about we just play soccer outside?" Everest suggested and all of the pups agreed and noticed that Chase was walking past them.

"Chase, aren't you gonna join us?" Skye asked.

"No, I'm good. I'll just go for a walk." Chase stated and Ryder and Robo-Dog looked at each other.

"Are you sure?" Ryder asked, hoping Chase would change his mind, but Chase only looked at Ryder with a reassuring smirk.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Chase grinned

"Do you want one of us to come with you?" Zuma asked nervously.

"Nope." He casually said and walked out of the doors, the pups sadly looked at each other and Ryder just sighed.

"Well, let's get to playing." Rubble said. He was really excited before but now, his enthusiasm has dropped.

"I'll...I'll see if I can go talk to him." Skye suggested and walked out of the Lookout and saw Chase walking down the pathway.

"Chase!" Skye called out and Chase looked back and was surprised to see Skye running towards him and he sighed.

"What is it, Skye?" Chase asked, hinting a little bit of annoyance in his voice.

"Mind If I walk with you?" She suggested with a cheerful smile.

"Wait, what? I thought you always hated walks." Chase pointed out.

"Yeah, but I kind of changed my mind." Skye said with a slight blush and a chuckle.

"Well, no thanks. I'm just gonna go on this walk alone" Chase shrugged her off and looked back at Skye, who was now giving him the puppy eyes again. OH COME ON! Chase complained in his mind.

"Plea-?" Skye was about to say, but Chase interrupted her.

"Alright, alright." Chase groaned and Skye cheerfully smiled and walked alongside Chase.

Jeez, why is she so caught up on walking with me? Chase asked in his mind, but shrugged that thought off and focused on his walk, trying to pretend Skye wasn't next to him.

4:50 PM

Chase and Skye got back a lot earlier from their walk and the train will arrive soon, so the pups and Ryder got in the Paw-Patroller and started making their way towards the train station. It only took a few minutes but they finally made it to the train station and now the pups were waiting for the train.

This whole time, the pups couldn't help but get more excited every minute they wait.

"Man, why can't the train come faster? I really want them to be here right now." Rubble said.

"I know dude, this is gonna be a lot of fun!" Zuma stated.

Chase smiled slightly when he saw the pups excited. He actually hasn't really met their parents before, only a few exchanges but they didn't really get to know each other that much. Hehe, guess I'll be spending most of my time alone Chase sighed in his mind with a smile and then his thoughts were interrupted by the train whistle and in the far off distance, the pups could see the train heading towards the station, like an object slowly getting bigger and bigger.

"Oh! Here they come!" Skye excitedly said and did a backflip and the pups began cheering with a howl, welcoming their parents into Adventure Bay. A couple of other carts passed by until the train slowly stopped. After a few seconds, the doors opened and immediately, Chase saw the sight of a group of adult dogs walking out of the train with bags on their backs.

Chase saw two adult Dalmatians, Kushina and Edan. Two adult bulldogs, Bella and Spike. Two adult mixed breeds, Delilah and Dallas. Two adult Cockapoos, Daisy and Axel. Two adult Chocolate Labradors, Penny and Rusty and finally, two adult Huskies, Eve and Blaire.

"MOM! DAD!" All of the pups yelled and embraced their families in a huge hug and Ryder smiled at the sight and Chase did a fake smile for them. After nuzzling his son, Edan looked over at Chase and noticed that he was alone.

Then, something caught his eye.

Edan noticed the necklace dangling from Chase's neck. Edan slightly gasped as he looked at the necklace. No way, that necklace...could it be...? Edan thought, and he slowly pulled away from the nuzzle and walked over to Chase while the other pups began talking with their parents.

"I take it that you're Chase?" Edan asked with a warm smile. Chase was surprised that Marshall's father was talking to him already.

"U-Uh, yes sir." Chase said with a nod, which also surprised Edan a little bit. Sir? He's really polite Edan thought with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Chase. And please, call me Edan." Edan slightly laughed.

"Sure sir-I mean, Edan." Chase corrected himself with a slight laugh, making Edan laugh along with him.

"Alright everyone!" Ryder interrupted and all the dogs and pups looked at Ryder, "Everybody, let's get to the Paw-Patroller and head back to the Lookout." Ryder said and all of the pups agreed and cheered with another howl and ran back to the Paw-Patroller, but Chase stood back for a second, watching everyone run off.

This is gonna be something Chase sighed and ran after them.