The New Chase

During the night, it did get pretty cold, so the pups and Ryder woke up and went inside. The pups went back to their pup-houses and slept in there.

With Skye

Skyes eyes were slowly opening, her entire body was still tired after the bonfire they had yesterday. Skye yawned and rubbed her eyes as she looked at her clock.

9:00 AM

Skye's eyes quickly widened. Once again, Chase was supposed to wake them up more than an hour ago. Skye looked around and was quickly confused. Without wasting any time, she opened her door and walked out, also noticing Everest and the other pups were opening their doors, wide awake and walking out.

"If I'm dreaming, wake me up cause the time is nine." Rocky said and Zuma slapped him.

"Ow! What was that for!?" Rocky yelled and Zuma just smirked at him.

"Well, the fact that you felt that, means you'we wide awake." Zuma said and Rocky just glared at him.

"But man, did I have a gweat sleep last night." Zuma said as he stretched and that's when he realized something.

"Wait...where's Chase?" Zuma asked, realizing that Chase wasn't with them.

"Chase was supposed to wake us up an hour ago, where is he?" Marshall asked and the pups looked around and noticed that Chase wasn't outside.

"Should we check his pup-house again?" Everest asked and the pups agreed and walked over to Chase's pup-house. Marshall walked up to the door and once again, he knocked.

"H-Hello, Chase?" Marshall called out to him and a couple seconds of silence fell upon them until they heard Chase's tired voice through the door.

"Yeah?"

The pups looked at each other. Was he still asleep? All of them thought.

"Um, it's...it's time to get up." Marshall said nervously and they heard Chase moving inside.

"Oh, I was asleep. Sorry. I'll be out in a sec." Chase said and Marshall backed away from the door a little bit.

The pups looked at each other with a somewhat concerned look. Normally, Chase wouldn't be the one to sleep in. especially when he woke up last. Chase is always the first pup to be awake and wake the others up, but today was totally different.

"I can't believe he was still asleep." Rocky whispered so Chase couldn't hear them.

"Is it really a bad thing though? I mean, we do get to sleep in." Rubble said while closing his eyes, imagining sleeping in everyday.

"I mean...not really, but it's not usually like him. I mean, he took a walk yesterday, but today, he actually slept in." Zuma said.

With Chase

Chase woke up and rubbed his eyes as he yawned and saw that he slept in his blue hoodie. Chase remembered that this was the day where his life would take a turn. He took off his blue hoodie and looked in the mirror that was inside his pup-house and saw that his hair on top of his head was messed up but that was the least of his concerns. He placed his paw on his chest, feeling the visible scars from all of the abuse and torture that he went through back in his past. He then placed his paw from his scars to his left cheek, revealing a certain mark.

He had blue markings on his left cheek below his eye. An upper marking which appears to be lightning-shaped with an extra line emerging from it, and the middle and lower markings are right-triangle shaped.

A while ago, Chase, along with Ryder, found out from Katie that this mark on his left cheek was a birthmark which explained a lot of things to them.

Chase sighed and placed on his new black hoodie that he wore. He then heard a clunk as he looked down and saw the necklace lying there on the floor. Chase smiled at it as he picked it up and put it around his neck.

With The Pups

The pups were watching the sunrise while waiting for Chase to come out and then they heard his door open and turned to see Chase. But what they saw made their eyes widen and their mouths drop a little bit.

Chase closed his door and looked back at the pups. They saw Chase wearing a black hoodie with a blue hexagonal symbol on the back, and his entire hair wasn't brushed and his eyes sparkled rainbow from the light of the sunrise.

Skye and even Everest blushed at the sight of the German Shepherd. He's...he's...oh what...wha-what am I...oh god. Everest thought as she looked away, but was still blushing. Skye was so speechless, even her mind was speechless, she felt herself blushing a lot harder and looked away like Everest did. The other boys were just as surprised as the girls.

Chase noticed the shocked looks on the pups faces and got confused.

"What? Is something wrong?" Chase asked and the pups quickly got back to reality.

"U-Uh...w-well, it's morning time and bwekfast...is-is weady." Zuma stuttered. Chase casually smiled at them.

"Nice. Let's go eat." Chase said and walked off, the other pups didn't move but only at Chase. Chase looked back at them and gave them a confused look.

"Uh, are you guys coming or what?" Chase casually asked and the pups realized they were staying back and caught up with Chase which made him smile like nothing happened. The pups walked inside the Lookout and saw Ryder already preparing them breakfast.

"Hey pups, you guys are a little bit-" Ryder then stopped himself as he saw the sight of his German Shepherd police pup. He was surprised to see Chase not wearing his usual blue attires.

"Wow, Chase. Trying something new?" Ryder asked and Chase was confused until he realized that he was referring to his new look.

"Oh...yeah, I am." Chase said with a grin and Ryder smiled. He wasn't sure if he liked the new black outfit that he was now sporting, but he just needs to grow into it. Ryder shrugged it off and placed his bowls down, allowing the pups to eat.

While the pups were halfway through eating, Chase stood up and looked as if he was about to leave.

"Hey, are you gonna finish that?" Rubble asked as he looked at Chase's bowl which was half-way empty.

"Nah, you can have the rest of it." Chase said and walked off.

"Sweeeeet!" Rubble said and dug in. The other pups watched as Chase walked off towards the doors.

"I'll be in my pup-house If any of you guys need me." Chase said and walked through the doors.

The pups were just left there, still wondering what was going on.