Planned Trip

It's been a couple days since Chase's uncle has died and Chase himself has been feeling sick ever since he came back. He didn't come down with a fever or any sort of sickness, but every time he would think about that event, he just gagged. He recalled the events and mainly how he killed his uncle and that alone caused him to vomit over and over in his bathroom a lot.

Now, Chase and Brutus were standing in Lincoln's office as he had called these two in. Ever since he came back, Chase's right eye was bandaged up but earlier this morning, he took them off which made Brutus and even Lincoln feel a bit uneasy.

"Look, we recently found out that Lady Keres's current location is at Las Vegas." Lincoln announced which made Chase and Brutus widen their eyes a little.

"Las Vegas? Why would she be all the way there?" Brutus asked and Lincoln decided to respond by shrugging his shoulders.

"I'm not exactly too sure, but what we know is that we can't lose her location once again. Which is why tomorrow morning, we will be going there."

"Wait, hold on, seriously? I'm not questioning you sir, but, how will we even find her? She could be anywhere in that huge place, and besides, what'll we do once we find her?" Brutus asked.

"We'll most likely have to split up and find her, search the entire city if we have to. We can't let her escape, not this time. No matter what, don't ever let her escape, kill her if you have to." Lincoln answered back.

"K-Kill her?" Chase stuttered in a low voice.

"Exactly." Lincoln said as he looked over to Chase and suddenly, a small part of him became worried as he watched Chase with his head down. And the way he stuttered made it obvious that Chase has been experiencing trauma ever since the fight between him and the Blood King occurred. Even Brutus's expression softened as he glanced at the German Shepherd. Ever since he heard about what happened, needless to say, he was shocked that the young pup was capable of killing someone else, his uncle at that.

"Tomorrow morning? That does seem a little too early, don't you think sir?" Brutus asked.

"We can't afford to waste anymore time, my friend. So please, with your time, pack anything that you will need to bring to this trip. We will be transported by a truck and make sure to get some rest tonight as well."

Knowing that it's not best to talk about Chase's trauma, at least right now, he decided to ask about the other concerning injury.

"How's your eye?" He asked and watched as Chase lifted his head a little and even Lincoln and Brutus winced as they watched the disturbing mark that was left.

Three scars were crossed on Chase's right eye. Three lines were scarred above his eye, but also it crossed his and even his eyebrow a little and three other lines scarred under his eye, one even crossed his mouth. His pupil has lost all color, it was looking into a clear marble and that only meant one thing.

"So, does that mean-" Brutus had a troubled time asking, but Chase answered it right away.

"Yeah, I can't see out of this eye...so now I'm half blind." Chase chuckled at the last part. The Blood King clawed his eye down more than Chase had expected, the cut was deep which will leave a permanent scar and his claw reached his pupil which also forever blinded him.

"Pretty crazy to see you laughing about this." Brutus commented and Chase glanced back at him with a saddened smile.

"Well what is crying and being upset gonna do about it. We can't change the past. It is what it is." Chase responded back with a depressed tone as he turned around and walked out of the room, leaving only Brutus and Lincoln.