Date With Skye?

Chase was in his slumber. Of course, after the night he had, he was super tired after everything that went down. But even though Chase was deep asleep, he could feel someone hovering over him, the shadow slowly making darkness darker in his eyes. Chase slightly opened his eyes and mentally groaned and then his eyes quickly widened when he saw Marshall looking at him, inches away from his face.

"Mornin' sleepin' beauty!" Marshall shouted.

"Ahhhhh!" Chase jumped, causing both Marshall and Chase to fall back, falling off Chase's bed and landing on the floor with Marshall on top of the German Shepherd. Both groaned out in pain.

"Get off of me!" Chase growled, pushing Marshall off roughly of his body and Chase now stood up, looking at Marshall with an angry glare.

"What was that for?" Chase barked out, making Marshall back away a little bit.

"Woah man, calm down." Marshall tried to calm his best friend, but Chase kept his glare.

"Why did you wake me up?" Chase asked in annoyance and with an angry tone.

"Look, sorry to wake you up, bro. But I kind of wanted to ask you something." Marshall said and Chase now looked at him with an annoyed, confused glare, completely clueless that the rest of the pups were below, listening in on the conversation.

"And? Spit it out already." Chase said without patience.

"Okay, how would you be interested in a date with Skye?" The Dalmatian asked with an excited and hopeful question, hoping Chase would immediately jump to the idea.

"No."

Everyone's eyes widened, except for Chase.

"N-No?" Marshall repeated with a shocked stutter. The pups couldn't believe it...Chase just REJECTED a date with SKYE! Now they knew something was wrong. They knew Chase acted differently towards them, including Skye. That was one thing, but rejecting a date with her was a whole new level.

"T-That's right." Chase mocked, also confirming the shocked Dalmatian. The fire pup was just left speechless, he had no clue how to respond. He was so sure Chase would accept the offer.

"Is that why you woke me up?" Chase asked with clear annoyance in his voice. Marshall began to sweat.

"I...I...uh..." Marshall stuttered.

"I'm not stupid, Marshall." Chase slightly growled which caused Marshall to look up at him with wide eyes and his mouth was slowly agape.

"I know what you're trying to do." He said and walked over the railings which blocked off the edge and looked down to see the other pups, now looking up at Chase with surprised looks on their faces.

"Tch." Chase was now really annoyed and looked back at Marshall.

"Really? Just leave me alone!" Chase started and made an attempt to get back up to his bed and sleep, but Marshall quickly jumped in front of him.

"What's your problem?" Chase asked in annoyance as the pups quickly walked up to the both of them.

"C'mon dude, lighten up a little bit. Okay, maybe not a date, but what about a hangout with her?" Marshall suggested.

"Why Skye? Why are you guys just suggesting her and not the rest of you?" Chase asked, already knowing the answer.

"Well...dude...you know why!" Zuma declared, not trying to spill Chase's secret crush on the Cockapoo, making Chase roll his eyes.

"Leave me alone." He growled and pushed Marshall aside and began jumping up to his bed until Skye called out to him.

"C'mon, it's just a hangout. It's not like you're gonna get hurt." Skye tried and Chase looked back at her.

"Uh huh, sure." Chase rolled his eyes once again but the pups weren't going to give up. Suddenly, all of them gave Chase the puppy eyes. Chase began getting uncomfortable as they all whimpered along with the puppy eyes, but still, Chase was not breaking.

"Skye tried that before and that didn't work. It won't work with all of you guys." Chase deadpanned and the pups kept trying but when they saw that Chase wasn't breaking, they gave up.

"C'mon. It's just one day, it won't hurt you, right?" Skye asked sternly. She wasn't going to give up on him, now that she was more determined than ever to spend time with Chase. Not just to figure out why he was acting this way now, but more importantly, a chance to actually get to know the police pup.

Chase then groaned in anger and annoyance.

"If I go...will you stop nagging me?" Chase asked, glaring at the rest of the pups and they got excited looks in their eyes and nodded "yes".

Chase sighed as he knew he would regret this decision.

"Fine." Chase sighed in agreement and the pups cheered, but Skye was happy the most.

"Alright, let's go." Chase jumped down and Skye followed him with a huge smile on her face and they suddenly walked up to Ryder who was walking down to them.

"Oh, Chase. Did you sleep well?" Ryder asked with a light smile and Chase deadpanned at him.

"It would've been a lot better." Chase said as he glared at Skye who sweated a little bit, leaving Ryder confused.

"Hey, me and Skye are gonna go out for a little bit. We'll be back as soon as we can." Chase said and walked past Ryder which surprised him a little bit and looked at Skye who shrugged at him and followed after the German Shepherd.

Outside

Skye and Chase were just outside of the Lookout Tower and Chase was already disliking his hangout with Skye. Chase then looked around the large buildings. There was silence between the two, but Chase did not feel uncomfortable about it. He actually enjoyed it if he was just left alone in his thoughts.

"So, where do you wanna go?" Skye asked and Chase mentally sighed.

"I don't know, you wanted to go out with me, you decide." Chase said and Skye frowned at him and stood in front of him with a stern look on her face which surprised Chase a little bit.

"Look! This is gonna be just you and me, so have a little fun! Now choose where we should go!" She said sternly which surprised the German Shepherd a lot. Usually, Skye would be ordering anyone around but she was acting differently.

Chase looked around and in the distance, between a few buildings, Chase saw a large Ferris wheel.

"There seems to be a carnival over there, wanna go?" Chase suggested and Skye looked back and smiled back at Chase.

"Cool, let's go." Skye said and pulled Chase's leg with her paws.

And both pups made their way to the carnival.