Kamato's Mission

10 Years Ago

Kamato, Edan and Kushina were being driven towards Brooklyn by one of the high-ranking officers of the departments. All three of them have been chosen to go on a special mission that the dogs were only capable of doing.

"Let me state this quickly before we arrive. There are conflicts going on between extremely large businesses. Some that are even associated with lots of police departments. We've recently received reports of warfare going on around in the Manhattan Bridge." The higher-ranking officer explained and the three dogs looked up at him with slight shocked expressions on their faces.

"Warfare? How bad was it?" Kamato asked and the other two listened in.

"Parts of the bridge collapsed down on the roads. A large area of that part is closed off for a while." He answered and now Edan opened his mouth.

"So, what's the mission you got for us?" He asked.

"A group of our police officers have been taken hostage. There are already special weapons and tactics in place right now. I need you and Kushina to stand by in medical terms in case they get injured." He said as he looked directly at the eyes of Edan and then positioned them to Kamato's eyes, who slightly widened at the mission that he was informed off.

"Kamato. As you know, you're The Azure Bolt. I need you to stand by if things get any more dangerous than it already is. Plus, they wanted to see you the most." He explained and Kamato nodded, keeping his serious look on. Edan looked over at Kamato in confusion and noticed that his best friend directed his eyes towards the ground of the car. The officer then turned his attention back to the road along with the driver.

"How far are we?" He asked.

"A few minutes away, we'll be there in no time." The driving officer answered him.

Edan slowly lifted his paw and softly placed it on Kamato's shoulder, grabbing his attention.

"Hey, are you okay?" Edan asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah. I'm okay." Kamato whispered and Edan slowly removed his shoulder.

"You seem to be thinking a lot about something." Edan mentioned, as Kushina looked over Edans shoulder. Kamato glanced at the two of them and sighed.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." He responded and the high ranking officer heard his answer and winced his eyes a little bit, as he knew how Kamato's past was.

A few minutes had gone by and the car stopped to a halt. The officer sighed as he stepped out of the car, gesturing for the dogs to come out.

"We're here." He said and the dogs looked at each other and slowly walked out and observed the Manhattan Bridge in the far off distance and needless to say they were shocked when they arrived at the end . The bridge looked as if large bites had been taken out of it like a huge monster attacked it. A large structure that held up part of the road collapsed along with two other large buildings standing beside it. Large piles of rubble filled the ground and dust roamed around the air. Light rain took over this morning, leaving the rubble soggy as well but now was taken over by fog. The fog was so thick that even the other part of the city where the bridge went towards was barely visible.

Kamato looked around and saw large SWAT cars parked and other police cars blocking off the roads and fire trucks were parked near the rubble of the buildings.

The high ranking officer, Kamato, Edan and Kushina passed a few other workers, SWAT teams, firefighters and officers who were standing behind a line of police tape and all of them finally made it in front of the crowd.