His Real Family

Ryder has told the pups about what happened and quickly, they all became worried and wanted to look for the shepherd, but Ryder has decided that he'll try a few more calls and if Chase doesn't answer, then they'll go search for him.

But nobody was more worried than Kushina and Edan as they wanted nothing more but to see Chase again and talk to him. But now, they couldn't do anything but wait, praying that Chase would answer them and let them know where he was or tell them that he's safe at least.

The pups tried calling Chase on their pup-tags but nothing worked.

"Have you got anything, Tundra?" Rocky asked as he saw Tundra looking from her pup-tag up to Rocky with a defeated expression.

"Nothing." She sighed which made Rocky worry more.

"C'mon dude, pwease answew." Zuma begged in a quiet voice but he still got nothing. Marshall and Everest kept on trying, but like the other pups, they got no response.

Each attempting call that failed added onto their worry.

Skye tried calling again. At first, she didn't care too much as she was still upset at the German Shepherd. But she recently began having internal conflict. As she saw everyone's worried expression, she got worried a bit herself.

After another call attempt failed, Skye slightly growled. C'mon you idiot, pick up. You're making everyone else worried. Skye thought to herself as she tried again.

With Chase

The delicious taste of the chicken noodle homemade soup made Chase feel a lot better and warmer. Helga and Humdinger were happy to see his spirits being lifted up a little bit. After Chase took one last sip, Helga took his bowl and began washing it.

"Thanks, that was really good." Chase said with a grin and Helga smiled at the complement of her food.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." Helga grinned back as she left Chase's bowl in the sink and brought a couple more bowls for her kittens, safe enough for cats to drink. While eating the soup, Humdinger quickly remembered something and reverted his eyes back to the German Shepherd.

"Wait, does Ryder know you're out?" He asked and Chase widened his eyes at the question as he forgot about Ryder.

"N-No." He answered, which made Helga and Humdinger look at each other with surprised faces.

"Well if Ryder doesn't know, he and the others must be worried." Helga pointed out and Chase, for some reason, chuckled.

"Heh, not all of 'em." Chase whispered to himself but Humdinger still heard it and gave the pup a confused look but shrugged it off.

"Well, I think I should give Ryder a call and let him know that you're here." Humdinger sighed as he got up and walked over to his large computer much to Chase's shock, but then he immediately became afraid.

"W-Wait!" He yelled out and Humdinger stopped and slightly turned around, giving Chase a confused but surprised look, the same look he got from Helga and the kittens.

"D-Do you have to call him?" He stuttered a little bit and Humdinger only looked at Chase with a now only surprised look, not expecting that kind of question.

"Er, well of course. If I don't, he and the others will look for you. Plus, aside from you, the Paw Patrol and I aren't on good terms." Humdinger mentioned and Chase only looked down at the ground which concerned Arnold.

"You don't want me to call him?" Humdinger asked and Chase sighed and nodded while shaking his head from side-to-side, surprising Humdinger once again.

"No, I don't," Chase answered, but then sighed again, "But...I don't want you to get in trouble, so I'll call him." He said.

Humdinger was surprised but didn't have enough time to respond as he watched Chase's pup-tag light up, calling Ryder.

A couple rings passed by before they suddenly stopped.

"Chase!? Hello, Chase!?" Ryder's concerned voice came through.

"Hey, Ryder." Chase answered.

"Where are you!? Do you have any idea how many times I've called you!?" Ryders' angry but also concerned voice yelled through, making Chase wince a little bit. Helga and Humdinger frowned a little bit at the tone of voice.

After hearing now response from Chase, Ryder quickly spoke through.

"Sorry Chase, it's just...we're all worried." Ryder calmed himself.

"It's okay, Ryder sir. Don't worry, I'm safe." Chase reassured and he could hear Ryder's sigh of relief.

"Okay, I'm glad. Where are you?" Ryder then asked and Chase softly bit his lip as he looked up at Helga and Humdinger who warmly smiled at him with a slight nod which made Chase feel relaxed.

"I'm...I'm at Foggy Bottom." Chase answered and there was a moment of silence to where the shepherd could tell that his owner was surprised at that answer.

"F-Foggy Bottom? Why are you there?" Ryder simply asked, no anger but just a surprised tone which made the police pup sigh.

"I just needed some time off from Adventure Bay." Chase answered.

"Will...Will you be back by Christmas?" Ryder asked and Chase bit his lip again.

"I...I'll try" Chase answered back and ended the call and looked back up at Humdinger and Helga.

"I...I'll sleep outside so you guys don't have to-" Chase tried to speak, but Helga interrupted.

"Sorry but no, you're not sleeping out there, especially with the weather today." She said which surprised Chase, and then Humdinger spoke up.

"She's right. You're gonna live here with us." Humdinger said with a smile which surprised Chase and watched as he left to get Chase some blankets and pillows.

"A-Are you sure?" He asked and Humdinger glanced back at the surprised pup and opened his mouth to talk.

"Of course, we're family."

Chase's eyes widened at that sentence and just stared at Humdinger with shock.

"F-F-Family?" He repeated.

"Of course, we're family. And family always takes care of each other." The Mayor of Foggy Bottom happily said with a grin and left.

Chase's shocked face slowly turned to a hopeful smile as he was happy that the Humdingers now considered him as family. There were many emotions words cannot describe. He looked back at Helga who warmly smiled at him.

"He's right. And I'll wash your hoodie for you, so don't worry." She said as he picked up the hoodie that Chase always wore and took it to the washroom.

Chase was surprised by the two of them, but he warmly smiled. Not only did he find his true home...

But he found his real family.