Viva Las Vegas

As they passed by the fountain that sprayed water into the air, Chase kept on looking ahead as they kept getting closer and closer to the building. But for some reason, he looked at both Wilson and Brutus once again, not talking to each other or walking by each other. Fortunately, Wilson was walking a little further behind from the group and while the others were talking to each other, Chase slowed down a little to meet Wilsons pace.

"Tch. What do you want?" He glared at the pup with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Did something happen between you two?" Chase asked as Wilson followed his eyes to a certain dog.

"Nothing that's of your concern." Wilson replied.

"I see."

For some reason, Wilson did not like that response and he spoke up before the German Shepherd could walk up again.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Hm? Oh, uh, you two seem like very close friends. I was just curious, that's all."

"Why would I tell you anything after everything you've done?"

"In my defense, you guys were the ones who came after me and you're the one who threatened to kill me and the ones I loved."

"Yeah, because you beat up my friends-"

"Because they were causing damage and havoc around Adventure Bay and City and could've gotten somebody else killed."

Wilson opened his mouth to argue, but nothing came out because once Chase said that sentence, he realized the pup had a point. What they were doing could have gotten innocent people killed and if Chase wasn't there, that definitely would've happened. Silence fell upon these two until Chase spoke up again.

"Here's the truth, Brutus needs you. As you know, he never had friends, and by having you adopt him, he trusts you the most."

Wilson let those words sink in for a moment before he looked up to see the walking Bulldog.

"I'm the reason things are like this between you two, right?"

Flash Back

"Don't even try, he doesn't know, and isn't, the exact definition of fun." Wilson interrupted. Brutus slightly growled at that remark and turned his head towards his owner and was about to tell him off, but Chase found it quite amusing so he decided to make his own comeback.

"Come on, sir. In all honesty, with everything that he's done to us, we can't accept him on this mission. We could succeed without him." He spoke and that sentence made Brutus frown a bit, even though Wilson was his owner, for some reason, he didn't like the way he spoke about Chase like that.

"Come on, Wilson. Try being a little more open about this." The Bulldog defended.

Flash Back Ends

"Don't let something like me get in the way of your guys' friendship." Chase said with a smile and looked up to meet the humans eyes. "What I'm saying is, you're both pretty old."

Wilson then looked at Chase with an eyebrow raised. "What? I'm not that old."

"Well you both have wrinkles and I'm not gonna lie, you do have some gray hairs." Chase chuckled at the last part which made Wilson sigh.

"Didn't your parents ever tell you to respect your-" Before Wilson could finish, he stopped himself as he realized the harsh truth and looked down at Chase who still had his smile on his face. Realizing what he had done, he felt a little ashamed of himself.