Day With Kushina

Chase was being nudged by Kushina's paw, it took a couple of shakes to finally make him open his eyes. The German Shepherd yawned as he looked to his side to see Kushina next to him, looking at him with an excited smile on her face.

"Shh, the others are still sleeping. Let's go." Kushina whispered as she brought herself down. Chase sighed as he lifted his blankets aside and quietly stepped down from his bed, already seeing Kushina wait for him.

Kushina and Chase walked out of the Lookout Tower and walked along the sidewalks. Kushina didn't really have a whole day planned but decided to spend some time with the young pup since his parents weren't around. She noticed that Chase would mostly sit out of the family activities, so she decided to change things up.

"So, where are we going?" Chase asked, wondering what Kushina planned.

"Well, like I mentioned yesterday, we will be shopping for some new hoodies for you, I'm guessing you took a liking to them." Kushina said. "I notice you wear them most of the time." She then mentioned.

"And is that it?" Chase asked and Kushina slightly looked at Chase with a bit of a surprised look.

"I don't know, but it's a start. So, you've been here before, do you know any good stores?" Kushina asked and Chase wondered.

"No, not really. Only in Adventure Bay." Chase answered and Kushina sighed. Chase then noticed a store right across the road and pointed at it.

"How about that one?" Chase asked and Kushina turned to where the German Shepherd pointed and saw a clothes store right across.

"Well, let's check it out." Kushina said and both dogs walked across to the store. Both of them entered through and smiled at the interior of the store. It was large, clean, full of clothes and very stylish as well. Just then, a worker walked up to them.

"Aww, you guys are so adorable." She said and kneeled down as she patted both dogs. She then looked at Chase and his collar and quickly recognized him.

"Oh? Are you both from the Paw Patrol?" She asked and both of them nodded which made her smile even more. Ever since the Paw Patrol arrived in Adventure City and saved the city, everyone knew who they were.

"Yeah, we are." Kushina answered

"That's great. Is there anything I can help you with?" She asked as she stood back up. She then watched as Kushina's eyes were directed towards Chase's hoodie, already giving her the idea.

"Oh, yeah we definitely have those, they're all the way at the end over there." She nicely answered as she pointed at one of the corners.

"Thank you so much." Kushina said and both Chase and her walked over and they saw a wall with a bunch of hoodies hanging off of it, which surprised Chase as they had way more options than the store in Adventure Bay had.

"So...pick out anything you like. I'll let you pick out two if you like." Kushina said and Chase looked at her with a slight shock but then looked at the wall and studied it.

Chase looked around and saw hoodies with a variety of colors, but none of them that he liked. That's when he saw another black hoodie with red markings on it. Chase quickly took a liking to it.

"I might just get one." Chase said.

But then, he felt a light tap on his shoulder.

"Here, take this. In any case you change your mind. I'll wait for you outside. It'll seem like a hard choice to make." Kushina between chuckles as she handed Chase some money which kind of surprised him, but nonetheless, accepted it.

"Uh, thanks." Chase thanked and Kushina responded with a smile and walked off. Chase looked back at the hoodie he wanted. Chase looked at the prices and realized that he now had enough for two hoodies. Chase decided to pick out the one who first saw and found another hoodie that he liked as well.

Kushina waited outside of the store, waiting for the German Shepherd to come out with his new hoodies. She then heard the door open behind her and turned around, seeing Chase walking up to her, carrying a bag on his back.

"Wow, that was quick." She said with a smile, and Chase slightly smiled back.

"Well I guess you were right, thanks again...for...y'know, buying it for me." Chase then thanked with a light blush which made Kushina cheerfully smile.

"I'm glad I could help. Anyways, what do you wanna do now?" Kushina asked, now making Chase look at her in confusion.

"I mean, you're the one who planned it out, it's really your call." Chase reminded her which made Kushina chuckle once again.

"I know, but you're in this too, I wanna let you choose. Have some fun." She encouraged, as if Chase was her own pup.

Chase didn't know why, but he slightly smiled at that sentence. Even though Kushina and him had a rough start, she was starting to get to him. And he'd admit, he would be lying if he said he wasn't enjoying this time right now.

"Um..." Chase wondered. He thought about what other things they could do in the city. The carnival is closed so far because of Duke. Just then, an Idea came up to the police pup.

"I wanna look for that Kamato statue. I was gonna look for it yesterday, but things got messed up." Chase said as he nervously smiled.

"Oh right, I remember that. That sounds like a great idea, let's go look for it." Kushina agreed and both of them began walking away from the store they were just at. Just then, Kushina got a call from her collar.

"Hello?" She answered and Ryder's voice came through.

"Hey, Kushina. Are you and Chase out right now?" Ryder asked.

"Yeah, we are. Is everything okay?" She asked. She made sure to let Ryder know that they would be heading out in the morning.

"I was wondering if you can head to the store to pick out some ingredients? I'll give you a list. Don't forget, it's Thanksgiving tomorrow." Ryder mentioned and both Chase and Kushina's eyes widened as they totally forgot about Thanksgiving.

"Oh! I totally forgot!" Kushina said and Chase could hear Ryder's giggle from the call.

"Tomorrow, we're gonna be heading to the City Thanksgiving Festival and we'll have dinner later tonight. That's the plan." Ryder said.

"Oh yeah! The festival, I remember that. Sure, sure. I'll make sure to get some." Kushina confirmed and Ryder thanked as he ended the call.

Kushina and Chase looked at each other.

"I totally forgot about Thanksgiving!" Kushina gasped.

"Same here. Well, it looks like looking for the statue is going to be put on hold for now." Chase said with a chuckle.

"Huh? Are you sure?" Kushina asked, surprised by Chase's decision.

"Yeah. Preparing Thanksgiving dinners isn't going to be easy to make." Chase said with his own smile and Kushina smiled back.

"Alright, then let's get some ingredients for Thanksgiving."

Both Chase and Kushina laughed together and quickly began looking for the grocery store.