Blue To Black

Sunset came and the pups then met up with each other once again, except Chase. Right now, he and Ryder were still painting Chase's vehicle.

"Uh, where's Chase at?" Zuma asked, wondering where the police pup went.

"He's in the garage with Ryder and Robo-dog." Rocky informed them which caught the others' attention.

"What're they doing there?" Rubble asked, asking the question what everyone had on their minds.

"I don't really know, do you guys wanna check it out?" Rocky offered and the pups looked at each other and nodded in agreement and the pups made their way towards the front garage where Chase and Ryder were working. But before they could knock, Ryder already opened the garage and were surprised to see the rest of the pups standing there.

"Oh, hey pups?" He greeted them with a grin.

"Hi Ryder!" All of them greeted back.

"We've heard you and Chase have been working on something." Marshall said.

"Yeah and we've come to check it out. Can you please tell us? Please?" Everest begged and all of the pups gave Ryder puppy eyes and he laughed.

"I won't tell...but he can show you." Ryder said and the pups were confused on who Ryder was referring to as "he".

Just then, the pups heard a car engine coming from the garage and they backed away as they saw a familiar car pulling up to them. The car was Chase's Adventure City's police car, but it was repainted into a black color. Then they saw Chase up in the driver's seat.

"Chase?" They all said and Chase almost rolled his eyes at the sight of them.

"Hey guys," He lazily said and turned his attention to Ryder, "Ryder, this new paint job is awesome. Thanks for helping me out." Chase said with a grin and Ryder smiled back.

"Mind If I take a little drive around Adventure Bay really quick?" Chase asked and Ryder put some quick thought into it, but agreed.

"Sure, but you need to be back before nine." Ryder stated and Chase agreed and took off.

Adventure Bay

Doors quickly swung open behind a gear shop and Butch and Ruben were carrying a large heavy box.

"I'm telling ya, we gotta move it fast, if anyone finds us here, we're fired!" Ruben quietly yelled and carried the box over the van they usually drive around Adventure City. But before they could place the box in, Butch's nose caught a scent.

"Hey, do you...?" Butch sniffed again and gagged a little bit. "Augh. Something reeks."

Just then, inside the truck, Chase revealed himself from hiding behind one of the boxes.

"Aw, still!? I washed this suit fourteen times!" Chase whined.

"You!!" Both Ruben and Butch yelled out.

"Ruff! Net!" Chase barked out and his pup-pack shot a net over both goons and they fell down, trapped under the net.

"Haha! And you guys thought I met my demise?" Chase asked and both Ruben and Butch looked at Chase with visible confusion which made Chase deadpan.

"I-I'm not dead? Ugh, never mind. Hey, If you ever get in touch with Carson in the prison you'll go to, let him know I wanna rematch from last time, will ya?" Chase said and heard sirens coming from the distance and jumped back into his vehicle and drove back to the Lookout.

"Ugh, I really hate that mutt." Ruben groaned.

"You and me both." Butch replied.

The Lookout

Chase drove back to the Lookout and transformed his vehicle back into his pup-house. He opened the door and read the time before he walked out.

9:20 PM

Chase sighed and heard the doors open, revealing Ryder walking towards him.

"Chase? I told you to come back around nine." Ryder recalled and Chase nervously laughed.

"Hehe, sorry Ryder, I got caught up in a couple of things." Chase said and Ryder sighed with a smile.

"Anyway, I'd like to talk to you. Mind coming up to the Lookout with me?" Ryder asked and Chase seemed confused but nodded.

Chase and Ryder made it to the top of the Lookout which didn't go unnoticed by the pups. Once they saw them go up on the elevator, Marshall turned to the pups.

"You guys wanna see what they'll talk about?" He asked.

"But if we get caught, we'll get in trouble." Skye warned them.

"So then let's stay quiet and see what they'll talk about." Zuma said and the other pups agreed and they took the stairs to the top of the Lookout. They walked up slowly to keep the sound of their walking quiet, but they eventually made it to the top and peaked through the opening to see Chase and Ryder there.

"So what did you wanna talk about, Ryder sir? Is something wrong?" Chase asked.

"No, not really. But Mayor Goodway told me about the missions you went on while the pups and I were on vacation." Ryder said and the pups except Chase quickly became confused. Missions? What missions did Chase go on while they were away?

"Missions?" Rocky quietly repeated.

"I thought he was resting this whole time." Rubble admitted and the pups agreed as they had the exact same belief.

"O-Oh." Was all Chase could say and Ryder brought up the mission counter and revealed the number of missions Chase went on.

44

The pup's eyes widened at the number. 44 MISSIONS!? All of the pups except Chase screamed in their minds in disbelief. They couldn't believe he handled that many missions in two days. But they immediately felt guilty. They were off on vacation while Chase was here, looking after their home and handling missions all by himself. They wondered if it was like that for the other times Chase offered to stay behind.

"Chase, all of these missions are impressive, I must admit. But don't you think you need a break from it?" Ryder suggested.

"What do you mean?" Chase asked.

"Chase, all of these missions are difficult to handle, especially when you're alone. Have you thought about taking a vacation or at least a break? You've had to help Katie find a bunch of lost kittens and you know you're allergic to them." Ryder reminded him and Chase stared off into the floor, as if he was thinking about what Ryder was saying.

"Y-Yeah but...I don't really mind." Chase then shrugged which surprised everyone else.

"I mean, a vacation would be nice I guess but I- '' Chase talked but then a call came in which caught everyone off guard. Ryder turned to the large screen and pressed on his pup-tag and the screen revealed an adult male Dalmatian with a scar running through the dog's left eye.

"What? Why's my Dad calling?" Marshall whispered to himself.

"Oh, hello Edan. Is everything okay?" Ryder asked and Edan smiled at Ryder. Chase looked at the adult Dalmatian. So that's Marshall's Dad? Chase thought and lightly smiled.

"Why hello Ryder, I've actually called to let you know that I've got some big news." He said.

"Oh? And what could that be?" Ryder asked and awaited for what he had to say and Edan just grinned at Ryder.

"Me and the other pup's parents are all visiting Adventure Bay!"