Home Sweet Home

"I bet you've suffered a lot." She began in a soft voice, which made Chase start to shiver but did his best to hide it.

"But that's over now." She then said."Because I'm taking custody of you."

His eyes widened as he heard that sentence come out of her mouth. Chase silently gulped, he had this sudden urge to just run and hide, but he didn't.

"You did well, enduring...so, don't worry...because from this moment on..." She then looked Chase directly in his eyes, and her bright, red colored eyes.

"I will be your owner and your mother, Chase."

"Now...I need you to come with me."

"W-What?"

"I told you, didn't I? That there's nothing to be afraid of. You're now one of my precious children." She said in the most polite but also motherly voice, which gave off creepy vibes. Chase then saw the lady take off the black, rubber glove off of her hand and softly wrapped her hand around Chase's paw and lifted it.

"I want you to accept me as your new mother. Because when you do...you'll no longer be empty." Chase looked at her with wide eyes, surprised by that sentence.

"When you and I truly become mother and son...I'll give you a special gift as my favorite."

Chase couldn't even be able to think anymore, without trying to, his mouth moved on his own and whispered...

"Okay." 

Ryders voice echoed through the Air Patroller. The plane had finally landed. The leader then stood up from his seat and faced everyone who was inside.

"We'll all follow Chase through the mansion. Robo-dog has confirmed that there's nobody inside so we're all in the clear."

Everyone else responded with:

"All good."

"Got it."

"Let's do it." 

Ryder nodded at them before pressing a button to open the entrance of the plane.

"From what Chase said, we'll be looking for blueprints of the serum or the device used to launch the serum. We have to find anything that'll counter Keres' plan." The boy reminded them and everyone nodded back in response.
He then looked at the German Shepherd who was already staring back at him. Chase then hopped from his seat and began walking out of the entrance, having everyone else follow behind him without saying a single word. 

And as the brightness of the sun adjusted to Chases vision, the sight of the mansion finally came into view. 

The old style mansion was still standing tall. However, there were vines covering the building and the walls got darker and were covered in a bunch of cracks and holes. The fancy styled windows were shattered. Even the front doors were beaten. However, the front yard mainly looked the same. But the small pond was dried out and a lot of the beautiful flowers have died. Only a couple of them were remaining. The left of the house was being covered by the forest. 
Chase looked to his right to see the entire view of the city they were just at. 

This is the place. 

He turned his eyes back at the mansion. Despite it being abandoned and its rough shape, there was still the dark aura radiating from it, just like the shack. It looked more to be a haunted house than anything. What happened here?
Everyone else looked at the structure with curiosity and some surprise. They were surprised by how battered the large house was.