Reunited

It's been two days. Chase sat in his room, with his hood over his head while staring at the ceiling. The blinds were closed to prevent any sort of light coming in, while also blinding the view of Adventure City. The sorrow, the sickness and guilt of it all didn't leave as it continued to eat him up. He constantly got headaches and his eyes were constantly red and puffy due to the tears. He didn't dare leave his own room.

Nobody said anything after that night. The entire trip back home was silent and Chase just did whatever he was told to do afterwards, and then just headed into his room. Everyone was quiet, especially Chase and Wilson. They never spoke a single word.

After failing the mission and the death of Brutus, the young pup hadn't thought once about what he had set out to do. He was free, right? It was his own choice to join Lincoln and go back and face his Uncle and Keres. Even if Keres wipes everyone's memories, why should he care? He IS free. There was no reason for him to go back. He's been through so much for so long, he deserved to have his own freedom...but...if Keres does wipe everyone's memories, he'll also forget...and then she'll most likely go after to kill him.

Chase shifted his body to lay on his side. Chase softened his eyes slightly at that thought. I guess it wouldn't be too bad. At this point, dying felt like the better option for him, he would be reunited with Brutus and his parents again. He would get a chance to meet them. At that point, dying didn't seem so bad.

He didn't care anymore. There's no going back. He knew for the rest of his life, he will be haunted by what happened and the last moment of himself diving after Brutus, desperately trying to save him...he will forever blame himself. His eyes weren't only red due to the tears, but also because of the nightmares. The images were still there.

Every time when he even glanced a single second at his paw, he immediately saw Brutus's blood on it over and over again and no matter how many times he had washed them, the stains never washed away.

What felt like hours, Chase's stomach tensed up to a point where he wanted to throw up, but he couldn't. He sat up and ignored his pain and looked around the room. It was silent, everything was clean and organized. All of the lights were off, the television was off and the blinds covered the rest of the light. The only thing he could hear was the rain outside and some of the thunder. His eyes wandered around the room.

He knew that he had stuff to be worrying about, but he didn't care at all. His gaze then shifted upwards at the ceiling. How much more does he have to lose? An innocent pup was abused, tortured, destroyed and was betrayed. He was robbed of a normal life. All he ever did then was think about others and he always suffered from it. He needed to look out for himself, but even that doesn't do anything as he still lost. What will it take? How much more does he have to lose to make this pain stop. Nothing worked for him. Being innocent and kind did nothing, while trying not to care also did nothing. Who will it be next? Lincoln? Wilson?

He didn't even feel any anger at all. He doesn't even have any revenge. He doesn't want to go out, seek for Keres and kill her, he didn't want to do any of that. He looked around his room once again before sighing and picking himself up and slowly walking out of the door.

With Lincoln

These past few days have been busy for the Overlord. It caused him to sleep on his paperwork, not hearing Kendra walking through the doors and shaking him awake.

"O-Oh. Hello, Kendra." Lincoln said as he rubbed his eye.

"Sorry to bother you, but again, it's not really like you to sleep on work." Kendra pointed out which caused Lincoln to look back from her down at his papers.