𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚

THE SORTING
"Slytherin!"

"SLYTHERIN!" said the sorting hat as soon as it was on Cassandra Narcissa Slytherin-Malfoy's head

The Slytherin table burst in cheers and with a proud look, Cassandra got up from the stool and walked— or more like strutted— to the Slytherin table.

She sat down next to the people she met on the train, whom had all gotten sorted into Slytherin as well; Vanessa and Theodore Nott— twins, Theodore named after his father and grandfather. Maeve Yaxley. And lastly, Zara Rosier.

"That was expected," mumbled someone from the Gryffindor table as the cheering from the Slytherin table died down— everyone else too in shock from seeing the dark lord's granddaughter.

"Carrying on." Professor McGonagall cleared her throat.

She and a few other people from the light side had sworn to stay neutral— not light, nor dark— which was why she wasn't dead.

It would explain why a few people, who were getting sorted, had last names like—

"Roxanne Weasley." Daughter of George and Angelina Weasley.

"Gryffindor!"

"Fabian Weasley!" Son of Fred Weasley and a muggle he had married.

"Gryffindor!"

Cassandra rolled her eyes, obviously very bored.

"Natalia Zabini!"

She immediately looked at her cousin— who looked around nervously, then seemed to regain confidence as she sat down on the stool.

Natalia was actually blood-adopted by Harry and Blaise.

It was quiet for a few minutes. Cassandra held her breath, and it seemed like a few others did, too.

"Ravenclaw!"

The young Slytherin-Malfoy let out a sigh of disappointment, but clapped for her cousin. She wanted Natalia to be a Slytherin with her. She really did.

"It's alright," said Maeve Yaxley, snapping her out of her thoughts.

Cassandra nodded.

A few minutes later when everyone was sorted, their headmaster— Severus Snape— stood up and looked at them all. "Welcome to another year of Hogwarts. Let the feast begin."

Almost everyone gasped in awe when their house tables were filled with many kinds of delicious foods.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Vanessa asked her older brother— who was just older by a few minutes.

But those few minutes meant a great deal. He was given heirship of the Nott family. And no matter how hard Vanessa tried to not show it, she always believed that it was unfair. He was only 5 minutes older, after all.

Meanwhile, Cassandra had heirship of the Slytherin family, while her brother— Scorpius— had heirship of the Malfoy family.

Theodore glanced at his sister, shook his head, then continued to talk with a new friend he had made.

Vanessa rolled her eyes and got in a conversation with Zara, talking about where they went in the summer.

♡︎

When Cassandra reached her dorm, she couldn't have been more relieved as she realized she had a dorm room all to herself.

It was the same room her mother— Alexandria— had.

She started unpacking all her things wandlessly— something her grandfather had always taught her to do, claiming that wandless magic was important.

And he was right.

So because of that, Cassandra was almost an expert in wandless magic.

And.. well.. she might or might not have a dark core just like her mother.

When she was done, she took a few daggers she brought with her out of the trunk and put it somewhere safe.

After that, she grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill, dipping it in ink and starting to write:

'Dear mother and father,

Guess what?! I made it into Slytherin!! Okay, maybe it wasn't too unexpected.
I met a few people and they're fine, I suppose.
Natalia made it into Ravenclaw. I was really hoping she was a Slytherin, but it's obvious Ravenclaw suits her more so I'm glad she's where she's meant to be.
Anyway, I've got to go.
Say hi to Scorpius for me!
-C.N.S.M'

Tying the letter to her owl's leg, she watched as it flew away.

Cassandra changed into her pajamas and tied her blonde hair into a ponytail, then laid in bed and closed her eyes, hoping for a good sleep.

Hoping for a good year in Hogwarts.

And that's what she got for the next few years..