𝗗𝗥𝗨𝗡𝗞

—THAT NIGHT, THE SLYTHERINS WERE THROWING A PARTY. Why? Because they won the quidditch game. So of course, it deserved to be celebrated.

After getting ready, Cassandra walked down the stairs into the common room and immediately winced at the loud music.

"You should've been at the game!" commented Vanessa enthusiastically as she walked over to her friend with the other two.

Maeve nodded in agreement. "It was crazy. Hufflepuff was playing dirty for once. They pushed one of the Slytherin chasers off their broom."

"But we still won," finished Zara with a grin.

"Cheers to that," said Vanessa before downing a shot of alcohol.

Cassandra furrowed her brows. "What is that?"

"Firewhisky," replied Vanessa as she held up the bottle of alcohol. "Want some?"

She needed a way to forget everything. Maybe this was her chance.

So she nodded. And when she was given a shot glass filled with firewhisky, she downed it immediately, earning cheers from her friends.

"I'm going. I've got something to do," said Zara before walking away.

"I think she's met someone." Maeve commented as she held Vanessa's hand, making the girl blush. "We're going to go dance. Will you be alright?"

Cassandra nodded, taking the bottle of alcohol Vanessa offered to her. "Don't worry about me. Have fun." She said, watching as the two walked away.

Instead of pouring the alcohol into a shot glass, Cassandra put the bottle to her lips and started taking gulps, then stopped.

The feeling of the burning in her throat soothed her in a way. The fact that her head was clearing helped her.

And so she put the bottle to her lips again, but before she could take gulps of it, it was snatched out of her hand by someone.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Theodore asked with widened eyes over the music.

"It's a party," said Cassandra, trying to get the bottle back. "Give it back to me, Theodore."

He hesitated, then sighed. "Just slow down." He said, reluctantly giving the bottle back to her. "Be careful."

She didn't listen to him and put the bottle back to her lips, taking many gulps of it. When she was satisfied, she stopped and leaned on the wall with closed eyes, letting go of the bottle.

The now-empty bottle.

Theodore rubbed his face stressfully. "Are you drunk already?"

"Dunno," slurred the girl, trying to walk away but falling.

Right into his arms.

He caught her, then gulped with flushed cheeks. "Cassandra?" He whispered, their position too intimate for him to handle.

Cassandra hummed questioningly, closing her eyes.

"Are you alright?"

She merely shook her head.

He looked at her in worry. "Do you want me to.. do you want me to take you to your room?"

She nodded once.

He bit his lip nervously, hoping she didn't feel his quick heartbeat as he held her bridal style. Then, he walked to the girls' dormitories' staircase, walking upstairs.

When he was at the room with Cassandra's name on the sign, he opened the door and closed it when they were inside, walking over to the bed and laying her down on it.

He put the blanket over her, shaking his head at the state of the girl.

She had already fallen asleep. Or that's what he thought.

It wasn't until she said something that made Theodore realize she was awake. Drunk, but awake.

"I'm not.. not— not okay.." mumbled the girl with closed eyes. "Blood.. too much blood."

He stilled, brows furrowing in concern. He kneeled by the bed. "Cassandra?" He asked softly. "Do you want me to go?"

"Don't," she whispered and started to search for his hand with hers. When she finally found it, she held onto it tightly. "Don't go.. don't.."

"Okay." Theodore swallowed. "What's wrong?"

"Blood everywhere." slurred Cassandra, her words coming out in a whisper. "I want— I— I'm.. scared— help.."

"Shh," he said gently, brushing her hair out of her face. "Just go to sleep, Cassandra. I'm here."

And that's all it took for Cassandra to fall asleep.

And when Theodore was sure she fell asleep, he reluctantly let go of her hand. He debated whether or not to leave, but decided on staying when he remembered her words.

He walked over to the couch in the room and laid down on it, not planning on sleeping for the rest of the night just incase she woke up.