𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗦

—"CASSANDRA." SAID A VOICE BEHIND THE GIRL, MAKING HER TURN AROUND. She finally saw the person she was looking for. The person that made her look forward to this boring event.

"Yes, Theodore?"

"Theo," corrected Theodore. "Can we go for a walk?"

She immediately nodded. "Of course."

"What's wrong?" She asked as soon as they were outside, taking a walk in the gardens.

Theodore showed her his shaky hands. "I was called into a meeting with your grandfather and the death eaters," he rushed out in one breath.

Cassandra immediately held his hands and looked at him in concern. "Why? Are you alright?"

"My father was forcing me to become a death eater," continued the boy.

She frowned further. "You did not agree, did you, Theodore?"

"He was going to start abusing Vanessa if I disagreed." Theodore swallowed, his heart calming down a little bit finally when she started caressing his hands. "But the dark lord did not mark me immediately. He used Legilimency on me. I guess he had a feeling about me being forced or something."

"You didn't get marked, then, did you?"

"And then he saw one of my memories. Of us."

Her lips parted. She let go of his hands. "What?"

He finally looked into her eyes. "I didn't get marked. But he also saw a memory of us. That time I stayed with you after a nightmare. He saw that."

"Did he say anything?" demanded the girl.

Theodore shook his head. "But he knows I know what he saw. Cassandra, I'm worried—"

"You'll be fine," she immediately comforted him, putting her arms around his waist.

He hugged her back immediately.

"I'll make sure of it," continued the girl.

He put his chin on top of her head with a small smile. "Take care of yourself first. Especially now that he saw what he saw."

"We didn't do anything wrong. Everything will be fine." She said, but sounded unsure.

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?"

"Both," replied Cassandra with a sigh, pulling away.

He sighed as well, then put a hand on her jaw, making her look at him.

Her breath hitched.

"You look beautiful," he whispered, only now noticing her dress and her hair. "Merlin, you look gorgeous."

She blushed.

He then sighed again and shook his head, letting go.

She frowned, pursing her lips. After a few seconds of silence, she asked, "Why are you pushing me away, Theo?"

Her weak voice caught his attention. His eyes softened. "I'm not pushing you away, Cassandra." He replied. "It's just.."

"Just what?"

"You deserve so much better than me."

"Don't give me that bullshit," she gave him a look.

"I'm not kidding, Cassandra. What if I'm not enough for you?"

"You are, Theodore—"

"I'm not and it's so infuriating because all I want to do is kiss you right now and hold you whenever you have a nightmare—"

"Kiss me right now, Theodore." interrupted the girl softly.

He stopped, looking into her eyes. "Fuck it," he said, holding her jaw and leaning in, kissing her on the lips.

She immediately kissed back.

Meanwhile, in the manor, upstairs, was Tom looking through the window. He rolled his eyes when they kissed and turned around. "They kissed," he told his daughter.

Alexandria crossed her arms. "I don't see where the problem is, father."

"He's being abused, Lex. No true pureblood family abuses their child."

"What does that have anything to do with him kissing my daughter?"

"Who's kissing our daughter?" Draco walked in with widened eyes.

Alexandria held his hand, subtly motioning for her father to draw the curtains.

Tom did so with another roll of his eyes. "Kids." He muttered.

"Nobody, love. You heard wrong." Alexandria told Draco.

Draco seemed suspicious, but let go. He looked at Tom. "Thank you for not marking him and seeing my concerns."

The dark lord merely nodded once.