𝗞𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗘𝗗

—WAKING UP WITH A POUNDING HEADACHE, CASSANDRA GROANED. She tried to rub her eyes, but found her hands in handcuffs. Her eyes widened as she tried to break it apart, but kept failing.

Her eyes widened even more when she realized it was magical handcuffs, the one that stopped wandless magic.

She looked around the room, only now realizing she was laying on the hard ground. She stood up, frowning at the dripping noise by the corner.

Water was leaking, and its sound was creeping her out.

The room was dark. Very dark. She could see almost nothing. There was no furniture there, either.

Cassandra stopped looking around the room and looked for her daggers, finding none on herself.

It was taken from her. Whoever had kidnapped her took her daggers.

She also looked for her wand, finding out that it wasn't on her.

She had left her wand in the tent.

She started to panic even more.

She slowly sat back down on the ground, feeling faint.

A laugh heard from the doorway startled the girl.

She didn't have to turn around to know who it was.

She recognized that voice.

Her panic increased every second that passed.

"Don't think you'll get out of here alive." The person said, turning on the only lightbulb in the room.

"Turpin," whispered Cassandra with a clenched jaw.

Amelia merely grinned. "Look at you. Alexandria Slytherin's daughter— so helpless. So weak." She said, walking closer to the girl on the ground.

Cassandra backed away, her back hitting the wall pretty soon.

Amelia kept walking to her. "Alexandria Slytherin's daughter— her daggers all taken away from her." She took out a dagger from her pocket.

Cassandra swallowed, recognizing her daggers anywhere.

"Her being so—" she kicked the girl's feet "—helpless and—" she kicked the girl's stomach "—alone."

The girl on the floor winced in pain, but didn't make any noise.

"So—" Amelia brought her face closer to the girl "—damn—" she slapped the girl's face "—alone."

"All this for Theodore?" Cassandra spat out, her cheek burning.

"Theodore?" Amelia laughed. "No, Cassandra. This is not for Theodore."

"Then why are you doing this?" The girl asked in confusion, eyes taking in every detail of the room— trying to look for a way to escape.

"Your mother," started Amelia, "killed my mother."

Cassandra stilled in shock. She looked back at the girl. "But that's impossible. You do have a mother."

"Step-mother." Amelia corrected in unconcealed hatred. She took a few steps back. "Nobody knows any of this. My father remarried. He basically left us. And by 'us', I mean my older brother and sister and I."

"You have siblings?" Cassandra asked in shock.

Amelia nodded, looking at the girl in disgust. "My father took us all to America after he remarried." She continued with a clenched jaw. "He forgot all about my mother. My mother, who was killed because she got in the way of one of your mother's missions. She was wrongfully killed. She didn't deserve to die."

Cassandra looked at the girl, feeling a sense of pity. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," scoffed Amelia, looking back at her. "I'm getting my revenge."

Cassandra tried swallowing the panic building up. "Let me go, Turpin. You'll all be killed before you can get your revenge."

"I will kill you, Cassandra Slytherin." Amelia crouched down. "Even if it's the last thing I do, I will kill you. Even if it becomes the reason of my death, I will kill you."

"I want you to feel torture first, though." Amelia continued as stood up and looked at her. "I want you to feel pain. I want you begging for your life, and then I want to end it."

Cassandra watched helplessly as the girl walked to the door and looked back one more time. "I want your tortured and dead body being sent back to your mother and her crying for what her daughter went through."