𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚

—THEODORE SLEPT ONLY FOR AN HOUR THAT NIGHT. He had been trying not to sleep, just incase she woke up from a nightmare again. But sleep slowly caught up to him. It was 5 in the morning right now and his eyes were opening.

He was confused for a second, but then realized where he was. Realized who was in his arms.

He closed his eyes again and breathed in the scent of her. He couldn't bear to move. He didn't want to.

But he had to.

This wasn't what was supposed to happen. Yes, he would take care of Cassandra after everything she had been through and always would gladly. But never had he expected it would reach to this.

He slowly pulled away and sat up, watching as she turned the other way and hugged the blanket closer to herself with a shiver.

She was still asleep, of course.

Theodore tucked her in again, then let go completely and walked to the door, opening it quietly and going out of the room.

Cassandra opened her eyes a few hours later.

She rubbed her eyes tiredly, wishing to go back to sleep again.

She felt awake immediately, however, when she remembered last night. She looked to her side, feeling a pang of disappointment at the fact he left.

Not that she even expected him to stay through the whole night.

It still kinda hurt, though.

She shook hear head and stood up, changing into her school uniform.

When Cassandra walked out of the common room, she caught up to Theodore, who had his eyes on the book he was in the middle of reading last night while he was walking to the great hall for breakfast.

"Morning, Theodore."

"Morning." Theodore replied without looking up. "Do you think there'll be pancakes? I'm craving some."

She bit her lip in an attempt to hide her disappointment.

So that was it, then.

They'd act like nothing happened.

"Probably." She curtly replied.

He glanced at her while closing his book, but didn't say anything.

When they reached the great hall, they sat down across each other and started eating breakfast— Theodore eating the pancakes he craved.

"What class do we have first?" He asked, trying to make conversation. He couldn't understand what was wrong. He knew her. He knew something was wrong. But what?

Had he done something wrong?

"Dunno."

Theodore nodded, pursing his lips. "Did you sleep well last night?"

She stilled, eyes finding his. "Yeah," she softly replied with a nod. "I did."

He smiled slightly. Then, he sighed and looked away. Both of them went back to eating. This time in silence.

When the first class ended— Dark Arts— Cassandra stayed behind to have a talk with Rabastan.

"How is everyone?" She asked her Dark Arts professor.

"Everyone is busy searching for the Turpin brother," he replied with a shake of his head. "And failing to do so."

Cassandra's hands shook, but she forced herself to grab onto the table in order to hide it. "Even my grandfather?"

"Even him. But they're going to get somewhere soon, Cassie. They're death eaters. Your grandfather rules the wizarding world."

"What about you? Have you joined in looking? You're a death eater, too."

"But I'm also a professor, so no. Unfortunately I haven't joined in looking."

She nodded.

"Yule's on its way," he said in order to cheer her up. "You'll see them all soon. Don't worry."