𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗜𝗖𝗘𝗦

—WALKING TO CLASS, CASSANDRA GRITTED HER TEETH TOGETHER WHEN ROXANNE WEASLEY BUMPED INTO HER PURPOSELY. "Watch where you're going, death eater." Roxanne snarled at her, as if it wasn't her own fault.

"Dark lord's heir after my mother," corrected Cassandra, walking away immediately.

She bit her lip nervously as she thought of her words, though, while walking to class. She was right. If something ever happened to Alexandria, it was Cassandra that would be Voldemort's heir. That's how it was.

Cassandra highly doubted she could be anything like her mother. That was the problem.

She admired her mother and loved her, but she was nothing like the woman.

Alexandria— whose name was admired and feared at the same time by everyone.

And Cassandra? Her name was used as a way to mock the dark lord and Alexandria. She was nothing like them, after all. The mere thought of killing disgusted her to the core. It made her feel sick to her stomach.

She didn't try stopping her parents or anyone else from killing, of course. But she doubted that she herself could ever kill, which was why she was mocked. Even some Slytherins were mocking her behind her back, along with all the other houses.

She tried not to pay any mind to that, though.

When she finally reached the Dark Arts classroom, she sat down near the back.

A few minutes later, the empty seat next to her was being taken by Theodore.

"Morning," greeted the boy, earning a small smile from the girl next to him.

"Goodmorning, Theodore."

"Theo," he corrected immediately, as if it was an instinct.

They were back to normal, then.

Cassandra hummed, waiting for their teacher— Rabastan Lestrange— to arrive like everyone else.

"You're sitting with her?" Amelia walked over to Theodore, not paying Cassandra a glance. "I'm sure you've mistaken, Theo. Come sit with me."

Theodore shook his head. "I'd rather be here, Amelia."

Amelia glanced at Cassandra with a clenched jaw, then looked back at the boy. "Can we hang out in lunch, then? I want to spend some time with you."

"Um—" Theodore looked uncomfortable, also glancing at Cassandra— who looked like she wasn't listening in on the conversation and busy doodling on a parchment. "—Sure, Amelia."

Amelia unclenched her jaw, but the angry look in her eyes remained. She gave him a tight smile and left.

"Are you alright?" asked Theodore a few seconds later.

Cassandra furrowed her brows as she looked up from the parchment. "Why wouldn't I be?"

Theodore seemed a little disappointed, but nodded and looked away.

The class all quietened down when their professor came in.