𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞𝗦

-"HEALED SO SOON?" ASKED A VOICE BEHIND CASSANDRA. A week had passed and she was fully healed and out of the hospital wing. Cassandra, who was going to the great hall for dinner, turned around.

"I'd keep my mouth shut if I were you, Weasley."

Roxanne scoffed. "Oh, please."

"How are you healed so soon? That explosion was nasty," Fabian squinted his eyes at her.

"Yeah, you'd know, wouldn't you?" Cassandra rolled her eyes.

"We have no idea what you're talking about. We just know you deserved to die."

Cassandra pulled out the dagger she was hiding in her boot and threw it at Roxanne, purposely missing with just a few inches. "Next time, I won't be missing."

"You're not like your mummy," mocked Roxanne. "You can't harm people, nor kill. You're a literal disgrace."

"Your family got famous for killing. Something you flinch at each time you hear the word." Fabian laughed.

"She might not kill you, but I definitely will." Theodore walked up to them, his eyes never moving away from Fabian. "Say hi to madam Pomfrey for me."

"What-?" Fabian tried asking but was cut off by falling to the floor after getting punched harshly by the other boy.

"Fabian!" Roxanne immediately crouched down with widened eyes, not looking away from her cousin.

Theodore grabbed a shocked Cassandra's hand and made her start walking out of there.

♡︎

"Why did you do that?" Cassandra immediately asked, letting go of his hand as soon as they stepped onto the Astronomy tower. "I don't need you standing up for me, Theodore."

"You were taking too long to come to dinner and I was worried," explained the boy. "And I'm sorry. I won't interfere again."

"Good," mumbled Cassandra, staring at the stars in the sky.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine."

He nodded and sat down, smiling when she sat down next to him. "I have this book." He conjured a book with his wand. "It's muggle. I haven't read it before. I wanted to ask if you have."

"I have," she nodded, taking it and staring at the title: The Song of Achilles. "It's amazing."

He hummed. "Can you read your favorite page for me?"

"Sure," she said, opening the book. A few minutes later when she found the page, she read out, "Name one hero who was happy-"

And as she read, Theodore laid his head on her lap, listening intently.

♡︎

"What's your favorite quote from the book?" Theodore randomly asked when she finished.

"He is half of my soul, as the poet's say."

"Do you believe in soulmates?" He frowned in thought. "It's rather bullshit, if you ask me."

"Maybe you don't believe in it because you're too afraid of not finding yours."

He stared at her for a few seconds.

"Where'd you even get this book?" She asked, changing the subject.

Theodore stood up and shrugged. "I bought it."

"Your reputation would get ruined if you were seen with a muggle book," teased the girl.

"That's why I want you to keep it."

"I already have it-"

"I don't care. Keep it, Sandra."

She frowned a little. Opening the first few pages, she gasped at the little annotations in it. "You lied. You read it."

He slowly nodded. "Yeah."

"Theodore, I can't take this. You should keep it and hide it from everyone else if you care about your reputation-"

"My parents would never accept me reading a muggle book. Just keep it, Sandra. I don't want it."

She let out a sigh. "Fine. But I won't read or touch it. It'll be in a bookshelf in my dorm and if you ever want to reread it or anything, just come take it. Alright?"

"Alright."