𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗟𝗬𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗡 𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗢𝗥

—QUIDDITCH GAMES PASSED. Exams passed. Everything passed and it was now time for summer. Cassandra was unpacking her trunk in her room when her father walked in.

"We're going to my mother's manor," said Draco, looking around. "Unpack quickly so we can go."

"Okay, father."

"Do you need help?"

"No. I'm almost done, thank you."

Narcissa was happy to see her grandkids. Very happy.

Draco noticed and smiled, his hand holding Alexandria's.

"There's a pureblood ball soon," said Narcissa as she looked at her granddaughter. She took her hand and inspected her nails. "Looks like you need a trip to the salon."

Cassandra agreed. "Yeah. I guess so."

"Do you have a dress?"

The young girl nodded at her grandmother's question. "I do."

"Where will it be hosted this year?" Alexandria asked.

"Nott manor, if I'm not mistaken." Draco replied. Then, he winced, clutching the mark on his arm.

His wife frowned in concern. "Are you okay, love?"

He nodded. "I'm being called. I'll be back later." He said, kissing his wife's forehead, then apparating away.

Scorpius seemed disappointed. "Again?" He murmured.

"He'll be back soon, Scorps." Alexandria comforted him, pulling her son to her chest.

"It's hard on the children, isn't it?" Narcissa asked in pity, knowingly.

Alexandria nodded with a sigh.

"We're right here." Scorpius pointed out.

Cassandra stood up. "I'm going to my room," she said and walked out of the living room, walking upstairs to her bedroom at Black manor.

She wanted to write letters to her friends.

Then, she wanted to read to pass time.

A pureblood ball was happening soon. She was going to be seeing Theodore.

She felt her lips twitch upwards.

At Slytherin manor, the death eaters were sitting around a meeting table with the dark lord at the head.

"What?" gasped Draco with shocked eyes.

"My son wants to join you, my lord." Theodore Nott— Theodore's father— repeated, not looking at anyone except the dark lord.

Tom smirked. "Then so be it. I will mark him at the pureblood ball happening this year, Nott. Get him ready."

"My lord, he is just a child—" Draco tried.

"Do not interfere, Malfoy." Theodore Nott sneered. "This is an honor."

"Slytherin-Malfoy." corrected Draco.

"You're all dismissed," announced Tom, watching as every death eater started leaving.

But one stayed.

"You cannot mark that boy," tried Draco again. "He is a mere child."

"You were marked as a child too. Was that not an honor?" Tom raised an eyebrow, sneering when Wormtail walked in. "What is it, Wormtail?"

"My— my lord, you— you got a letter."

"Get out, Wormtail." Tom sighed.

The man immediately left.

"What do you want?" He looked at Draco. "The boy is getting marked and it is none of your concern. As Nott said, it is an honor."

"My lord, I know these types of men. He is abusing his son. He is forcing him to join!"

Tom stopped and shook his head after a second. "Even if that is true, why do you care?"

"Why do you not?" Draco slapped his own forehead. "Please, my lord, do not mark that boy before you realize my concerns. Purebloods are not allowed to abuse their children. But this sixteen year old boy is getting abused. You can see it all over Nott's face."

"I will look into it," said Tom calmly. "You may leave now."