𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗡 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗢𝗙

—THE NEXT MORNING, EVERY PERSON GOING THROUGH A HANGOVER WAS GLAD THAT IT WAS A WEEKEND. Cassandra was one of them. She woke up with a pounding headache, holding her head tightly with a groan.

Her head snapped to the door when someone knocked. "Who is it?"

"It's Theodore. Can I come in?"

"Yeah," replied the girl. "Come in."

Theodore opened the door and walked in with a tray of breakfast, closing the door behind himself. "I brought you breakfast and a hangover potion."

She gave him a thankful smile. "Thank you, Theodore. You didn't have to."

He didn't reply, merely putting the tray in front of her when she sat up instead of laying down.

"Did.. did you stay here last night?" She asked, remembering bits and pieces of him being with her.

He nodded. "I stayed on the couch." He replied. "You told me not to go."

"I never want you to go, Theodore." Cassandra whispered without looking at him, taking the hangover potion and downing it.

She winced at the disgusting taste, but started to feel better.

After a few seconds of silence, he asked in concern, "What's going on with you, Cassandra?"

She finally looked at him, but seemed confused. "What do you mean?"

"You said something about.. something about blood being everywhere." Theodore replied, watching as she turned pale. "Cassandra—"

"I'm fine, Theodore—"

"Cassandra, please." His voice grew desperate. "Stop faking with me. I'm here for you. Why can't you realize that?"

"I killed your childhood best friend. You shouldn't be here for me. You shouldn't be helping me at all."

He let out a breath. "My childhood best friend was not who I thought she was. You mean more to me than she ever did."

She shook her head with a scoff and looked away.

"I'm serious, Cassandra. I don't know what I would've done—.." he swallowed "I don't know what I would've done if I lost you."

"Well, I'm alive and well," murmured the girl.

"I brought you some books from the library that you might like." He changed the subject, pointing to the books on the bedside table. "I think you should stay in bed today and just rest."

"Stop thinking that I need rest and that I'm not okay," snapped Cassandra.

Theodore ignored her. "And if you need anything, I'll be in the common room." He said, waiting for something.

When she didn't say anything, he seemed disappointed as he walked to the door.

He turned around at the last minute and seemed a tiny bit concerned. "Eat your breakfast. I'll bring you lunch and dinner too. Just rest today, Cassandra."

She swallowed.

Theodore did not know how much she needed this; to be taken care of while all she did was rest. Or maybe he did know.

Whether he knew or not, Cassandra knew it was pointless to keep acting like she was fine when he knew her too well for that.

"Thank you, Theodore."