𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗛 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥

—WHEN IT WAS SEPTEMBER FIRST AGAIN, CASSANDRA WAS IN A COMPARTMENT WITH THEODORE. She was looking out the window deep in thought, not noticing his eyes on her. Finally feeling it, she looked back at him and raised an eyebrow in question.

He merely shook his head once and looked away.

This time it was Cassandra that had her eyes on him. Eyes that noticed the bruise around Theodore's wrist when he ran a hand through his hair and the sleeve of his shirt went down a little.

She unintentionally let out a small gasp, catching his attention.

He immediately stilled, hand stopping in his hair. Slowly, he put it down and swallowed.

She leaned forward and took his hand, looking at the bruise. "What did they do to you, Theodore?" She whispered, her voice cracking.

He looked back at her, noticing the bags under her eyes. "What did they do to you, Cassandra?" He whispered back, ignoring her question.

Cassandra shook her head. "What did they do?" She repeated, looking at him.

Theodore shook his head again. "I'm fine, Cassandra. It was an accident. It had nothing to do with my parents—"

"We don't hide things from each other," interrupted the girl.

"Really?" Theodore asked, looking into her eyes. "Is that what you think?"

A flash of hurt passed through her eyes. Her brows furrowed. "What's that supposed to mean?" questioned Cassandra.

"I just—" he started but stopped. "Nevermind."

She still looked hurt, but looked away and looked outside the window instead again.

"I didn't mean anything bad, Cassandra." Theodore said softly. "I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything, Theodore." She said without looking away from the view.

"Theo," corrected the boy.

Cassandra's lips twitched into a smile.

"Welcome, students, for another year of Hogwarts." The headmaster, Severus Snape, said as he looked at the many students. "Enjoy the feast."

With a wave of his wand, the four House tables had many types of food on them.

Cassandra piled some food onto her plate, getting into a conversation with her friends.

"We have an announcement," said Maeve, blushing as she motioned to herself and Vanessa.

Zara smirked, knowing what was going to come.

"We're together." Vanessa announced, looking happier than Cassandra had ever seen her.

Cassandra's lips turned into a genuine smile. "I'm so happy for you both!" She exclaimed, getting an agreeing nod from Zara.

"Thanks Cass." Maeve smiled back.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," said a voice, catching Cassandra's attention. "But have you seen Scorpius?"

Cassandra looked around. When she found him, she pointed to him. "There he is."

Bailey perked up. "Thank you," she said and rushed over to the boy.

"She's adorable," said Zara, her eyes following the Hufflepuff girl.

Cassandra nodded in agreement, raising an eyebrow when she noticed her brother blushing. "Oh, Scorpius definitely likes her."

"They would be so cute together," Maeve joined in. "Imagine!"

Zara and Vanessa let out laughs, while Cassandra merely nodded in agreement again.