𝗣𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗕𝗔𝗟𝗟

THE NEXT WEEK PASSED BY. Today was going to be an eventful day. The pureblood ball. This year, it was being held in Nott manor. Cassandra bit her nail anxiously, deep in thought.

"Don't do that. You'll ruin your manicure," advised her mother immediately, who was helping her with her hair.

The young girl stopped biting her nail and looked at her reflection. "Do I look alright?" She asked, staring at her dress and her hair— which her mother was finally finished with.

"You look absolutely stunning, Cassie."

"Why do we have to go to these things?" the two heard Scorpius whine in the hallway.

"Because it's traditional," answered Draco softly, knocking on Cassandra's door, walking in when his daughter said, "Enter."

"You look beautiful," smiled Draco at his daughter, then his eyes widened at the sight of his wife. "And you look.. you look.."

Alexandria raised an eyebrow, waiting for the man to finish.

"Like a goddess."

The woman rolled her eyes but smiled. "Thank you, love."

Scorpius walked into the room, his hair gelled back. "This is stupid, mum. I don't want to go."

"Language, darling." Alexandria said sternly. "And I'm sure Draco will figure out a solution."

"What?" Draco's eyes widened. "I will?"

"Yes. You will."

"Oh," frowned the man in thought. "C'mon, Scorps. I'll figure out a solution, it seems."

♡︎

Turned out, Draco did figure out a solution. Scorpius was now with Narcissa in Malfoy— no, Black manor.

Meanwhile, Draco, Alexandria, and Cassandra were now in Nott manor.

"That ballroom is for the teenagers aged 14-19," Alexandria pointed to a door, then pointed to another door, "and that is for the adults and families. Got it, Cassie?"

"Yes, mum." Cassandra nodded, then started walking to the door for the teenagers. She let out a sigh, opening the door and walking in.

♡︎

"Cass!" exclaimed an excited voice immediately, catching her attention as soon as the door closed.

Cassandra, who was almost gawking at the huge ballroom, turned to her side, face breaking out into a smile. "Zara! You look beautiful!"

"So do you!" Zara said, hugging her friend tightly.

When they pulled away, Cassandra gave Maeve a hug and a compliment, and same with Vanessa.

A few minutes later, Cassandra was standing alone as her friends were dancing with the people they were asked by.

Her eyes stopped on the boy across the ballroom, who was wearing a black suit and was animatedly talking to someone she couldn't see.

As if feeling somebody's eyes on him, Theodore Nott turned around, eyes landing on the girl. He gave her a small smile, then immediately continued talking with the person.

Cassandra felt her lips quirking upwards, but stopped when she finally realized who he was talking to.

It was a girl. A girl Cassandra never saw or even heard of.

She had brown hair and brown eyes, wearing a dress that seemed to fit her perfectly. Her hair was shoulder-length and wavy. And her smile.. her smile so bright as she listened to whatever Theodore was telling her.

Cassandra felt a pang in her chest as he said something that made the girl laugh.

"Amelia Turpin," said Vanessa, who had decided to stop dancing and be with her friend instead. "She's been friends with Theo ever since they were born. She moved away years ago and they haven't seen each other since, but she's now back and will join us in Hogwarts. She's had a thing for Theo for as long as I can remember."

Cassandra shook her head. "I didn't need to know anything about her, Nessa."

"You did."

"Are they.." swallowed the girl "..dating?"

"No." Vanessa said with a look. "If my brother were to date anyone, it would be you."

"You don't know what you're talking about. We're just friends."

The girl next to her hummed. "Sure. Keep telling yourself that, Cass."

Cassandra took a deep breath and held her head up high, looking away from the boy.

It didn't matter. He could date whoever he wanted. Cassandra didn't care as she simply didn't even have a reason to.. or so she thought.