𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗣𝗘

—THE NEXT DAY, WHEN SHE GOT HER DAILY HALF FILLED GLASS OF WATER AND PIECE OF BREAD, CASSANDRA SAT DOWN AND BIT INTO THE BREAD. It was stale, of course. She took the glass of water and drank it all instead of saving it for the rest of the day like she usually did.

Then, she glanced at the door.

She looked back at the glass in her hand and stood up, her handcuffs making it a bit hard.

She let go of the glass, watching as it shattered into pieces.

She crouched down and started to search for the biggest piece, letting out a small hiss of pain when she injured herself in the process.

Finding the biggest piece, she held it in her hand, then tried to kick all the shattered glass somewhere else.

Amelia would come any minute now.

She was right when she heard the door opening.

Amelia walked in with an excited grin on her lips. "It's time, Slytherin."

"Sytherin-Malfoy," corrected Cassandra, but knew it was pointless.

All Amelia saw her as was a Slytherin. Alexandria Slytherin's daughter.

When her words sunk in, Cassandra tried to stop her eyes from widening. "Time for what?"

Amelia pulled out a dagger. "Killing you, of course. What else?"

Cassandra let out a breath, eyes finding the shattered glass everywhere.

Amelia followed her eyesight, her brows furrowing. "What's this?" She asked, looking at it.

With her back turned to her, Cassandra knew it was the perfect time. She rushed over to Amelia, ignoring the stinging pain in her ankle, and used the piece of shattered glass in her hand to cut the girl's neck.

Amelia, too shocked, let go of the dagger and turned around with her hands on her bleeding neck with a gasp.

Cassandra immediately took the dagger and pointed it at the girl. "You give me no choice—"

"You're too scared to do that," said Amelia, still in shock. "You're nothing like your mother."

Amelia wasn't right. Not this time.

If she had said that before Cassandra got kidnapped, she would be.

But not now. Not ever again.

Cassandra shook her head. "I'm proud to be my mother's daughter. No matter how awful you make it sound," She said, hesitating only for a second before she stabbed the girl in the side.

Amelia fell to her knees with widened eyes, clutching her side where blood was pouring out. She shook her head. "No," she whispered, letting go of her side and looking at her bloody hands. "No— no. No, no, no— I failed."

Cassandra's eyes went to the wand that fell out of the other girl's pocket.

Amelia was probably too shocked about the fact that she got injured by Cassandra and too sure about the fact that Cassandra would never kill to the point that she forgot she had her wand with her.

Cassandra grabbed the wand and watched as the girl's dead body hit the ground a minute later, then looked at her handcuffs and muttered a spell, trying very hard to ignore the blood everywhere.

She let out a sigh of relief when her handcuffs fell to the ground and her hands were finally free. She then pointed the wand at her ankle and muttered a healing spell, letting out another sigh of relief when her ankle no longer throbbed.

She let go of the wand.

The door opened and in came Amelia's older sister, who gasped at the sight of her younger sister on the ground.

Too shocked to even close the door, the woman looked at Cassandra.

Cassandra immediately dodged the spell heading her way, ignoring the woman's shouts of "Avada Kedavra!" And "Crucio!".

Maybe it was time.

"Crucio!" Cassandra pointed her finger at the woman, eyes widening when it worked.

The woman fell to the ground and screamed in agony.

Cassandra stopped a few seconds later, watching the woman immediately rush over to her sister's dead body and leaving her wand on the floor. "Mel," she whispered with teary eyes, shaking the body. "Wake up, Mel."

Cassandra swallowed and walked over to the door. "Where's your brother?" She asked her, not expecting an answer though.

The woman looked up with tears escaping her eyes. "He's not here," she mumbled. "Kill me, Slytherin. Please kill me."

Cassandra stilled in shock. She shook her head in confusion.

"Your family will search for me anyway. I'll be dead either way. Kill me now. Please kill me now."

Cassandra knew she was right. Maybe death would be a relief to the woman as she had just saw her younger sister's dead body. Maybe revenge would be a relief, too. But it's clear she did not want revenge. She wanted her sister back.

"Avada Kedavra," whispered Cassandra with a finger pointed at the woman. She clenched her jaw when it worked, and walked out of the room.

Soon enough, she found the living room and grabbed a handful of floo powder.

The Turpins did not have access to Slytherin manor. They did not have access to Slytherin-Malfoy manor either. Of course they didn't.

The only place that entered Cassandra's mind was one manor. One manor she was sure they had access to.

"Nott manor!" Cassandra shouted, letting go of the floo powder when she was in the fireplace.