𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗛 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥

CASSANDRA STARED AT THE GIRL, BLINKING A FEW TIMES. Weeks had passed and it was now September 1st and the students were all on Hogwarts express, going back to school.

Cassandra was just enjoying some peace and quiet in an empty compartment when it suddenly opened and Theodore and his 'friend' had joined.

Which was why they were now here—

"Amelia Turpin," the girl introduced herself with a smile, showing her dimples, holding out a hand.

Cassandra stood up and shook her hand. "Cassandra Slytherin-Malfoy."

Amelia sucked in a sharp breath, smile disappearing immediately. "Theo, darling, can we leave?"

"No," said Theodore, sitting down with a frown. "What's wrong, Mel?"

Cassandra's jaw clenched.

"Nothing," replied Amelia, smile appearing once again. "I just want to explore the train more."

"Explore?" scoffed Natalia, who just walked in. "You do know this is a train, right? Not some historic building or some shit."

"Thank you for pointing out the obvious.." Amelia's eyes squinted. "And you are?"

"Zabini."

Amelia became quiet, staring at the two cousins in thought.

"Take your friend and let her explore the train, Nott. I need to talk to my cousin. Alone."

Theodore rolled his eyes at Natalia, but nodded and stood up, walking out of the compartment with Amelia.

As soon as they were alone, Natalia sat down. "Father said that we're having another sleepover sometime around Yule."

"Which father?"

"Harry."

Cassandra chuckled and nodded. "Alright. Can't wait, Lia."

Natalia hummed, brows creasing. "How do you feel?"

"Um.. fine?" Cassandra looked uncomfortable at being asked that. "Why?"

"No reason."

♡︎

"Before we start with sorting the first years, please welcome our new student— Amelia Turpin." Severus Snape announced monotonously.

Amelia sat down on the stool, glancing at each of the four tables while the hat was placed on her head.

"SLYTHERIN!"

Cassandra rolled her eyes.

A few minutes passed and it was time for the first years to get sorted.

"Is that your brother?" asked Maeve, looking at Scorpius— who was waiting to get sorted with the other first years.

Cassandra nodded, not looking away from the young boy. "Yeah. It's him."

"I bet 5 galleons he's going to be a Slytherin," muttered somebody from the table.

"Yeah, it's obvious from his last name." Natalia said with a roll of her eyes. She had decided to sit with Cassandra instead of her friends in the great hall for dinner that night.

"Oi! Go out with me, Zabini?" The same person gave her a grin.

"Fuck off," replied the girl, then ignored him and looked at her younger cousin. "He looks nervous. He's not supposed to look nervous."

"You were nervous too, Natalia." Cassandra reminded her immediately.

"Scorpius Slytherin-Malfoy!" Professor McGonagall called out.

Everyone watched the young boy straighten up and sit down on the stool.

"Shit, what's taking so long?" Cassandra asked in panic after a few seconds. "It's supposed to say Slytherin immediately."

"What if he's not a Slytherin?" Maeve suggested with a shrug. "Just because he has Slytherin as his last name doesn't mean he has to be sorted into Slytherin."

"Actually, Maeve, it means exactly that." Vanessa mumbled.

"Well, then shit."

"SLYTHERIN!" the hat shouted, earning cheers from the Slytherin table.

"Thank Merlin," Cassandra released a breath, giving her brother— who sat down next to her— a side hug. "What did the hat say?"

"It didn't know whether to put me in Slytherin or Ravenclaw," whispered Scorpius to his sister. "I'm glad it chose Slytherin, though."

His sister smiled. "I'm glad too, Scorps."