𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗟

-AS SOON AS CASSANDRA STEPPED ON THE TRAIN, SHE RUSHED TO THE SLYTHERIN COMPARTMENTS AND SAT DOWN IN AN EMPTY ONE. Closing the curtains, she pulled out a book and started reading. A few minutes later, her compartment door opening caught her attention.

"The door was closed for a reason," said the girl.

"Ouch," Theodore clutched his chest in mock pain. "Your words wound me, Sandra."

She rolled her eyes, but smiled. "Hello, Theodore."

He gave her a smile and sat down after closing the door. "Why're you alone?"

"Wanted to be."

"Should I leave?"

"Stay."

"As you wish."

"How was your break?" asked Cassandra, closing the book in her hands.

"You're reading the book," he changed the subject immediately.

She nodded. "It's really good. Thank you."

"Anytime."

"Are you okay, Theodore?" asked Cassandra after a few seconds of silence, noticing him fidgeting with his ring.

"Theo," corrected the boy immediately. "I'm fine. Why?"

"You're fidgeting."

"Sorry," he immediately stopped.

"No, that's not what I meant- Theo, are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Really."

She looked at him, not believing him but not talking about it any further.

♡︎

"How was your date?" Zara asked, looking at Maeve.

The quartet were now in the dorm Zara, Maeve, and Vanessa shared, and it was almost midnight.

Maeve groaned. "Horrible."

"Why?" Cassandra looked at her. "He seems.. ok."

"Oh, no, he's great and all. I just didn't feel anything with him."

"It's a date. Not a wedding." Zara pointed out with furrowed brows. "He didn't do anything to you, did he?"

"Of course not," said Maeve immediately and honestly.

Vanessa, who was quiet the whole time, sat next to Cassandra.

"How was your Yule?" Cassandra asked, wanting to start a conversation with her.

"I stayed here," muttered Vanessa, twirling her hair with her finger. "It was fine."

"You didn't go home?"

"My parents didn't.. they didn't send me a letter to come back to the manor." Vanessa whispered, not wanting the other girls to hear. "I'm not allowed to go to Nott manor unless they send a letter."

"What?" frowned the Slytherin heiress. "You're kidding, right?"

"I'm only allowed for summers. I've got to stay here for other holidays, like Yule, unless they send me a letter to go."

"Nessa, that's.. that's horrible. I'm so sorry."

"It's alright."

"You're always welcome at Slytherin-Malfoy manor."

"Thanks, Cass."

"If you need anything, or if anything remotely bad happens to you in Nott manor, please come to my manor immediately, alright? Mother would love to have you stay with us, I'm sure."

Vanessa smiled slightly and repeated, "Thank you, Cass."