𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗

—"YOU'RE SAYING, SHE WAS RIGHT HERE?" ASKED THEODORE NOTT. He had joined the search for Cassandra and was right now searching with Natalia.

Natalia rolled her eyes. "For the third time, yes, Nott."

He looked around the burnt tents and burnt campsite. Everything was burned because of the death eaters constantly looking for Cassandra and burning things in frustration of not finding her.

"We have to find her soon." Theodore said quietly, looking back at the girl.

Natalia, who was walking around some of the near tents, nodded. She looked back at him and noticed the bags under his eyes. She also noticed the fact that his eyes were bloodshot and his hair was messy. Only then did she realize how much this was affecting him, too.

"She'll be fine," she said in an attempt to reassure him or herself, she didn't know. "At least I hope so."

Theodore swallowed and continued to look without a reply.

Cassandra sighed where she was sitting— the corner of the room.

She felt blood dripping from her face, which she ignored at this point. She looked back at the girl there, scowling at her. "You'll regret this," she said, voice raspy.

Amelia rolled her eyes and touched the blood on Cassandra's dagger, which she had used to harm Cassandra with.

Ironic, really.

"You'll be dead before I do." Amelia replied, turning around and walking out of the room with the dagger in her hand.

The clicking of the door being locked was heard by Cassandra.

She could merely break open the door, she thought a few days ago, but it resulted in her ankle getting injured.

She later found out it was a magical lock. The one that you could never kick the door open. The one that was strong— too strong. It would only be opened with a password.

She was too desperate to get out to think of the possibility of that.

Cassandra looked at her handcuffed hands and sighed again. She closed her eyes, thinking of how to escape.

Wandless magic— her hands were in magical handcuffs.

Kicking the door open— the lock was magical.

Her daggers— Amelia had them.

Her eyes opened as a thought finally entered her mind— but no—

"No," Cassandra whispered and shook her head. "Absolutely not."

But she was getting desperate.

Her ankle was injured and her face was bleeding. Her body was bruised from being kicked too much and she was almost too weak because of not getting the amount of water and food she needed.

She would get half a glass of water and a piece of bread a day.

She let out a groan and closed her eyes again.

A tear escaped her eyes, which she immediately wiped. She looked down at her hand, which had blood on it due to wiping her face.

She swallowed, letting out a shaking breath.

She was scared. She really was.

But it was best to act brave. For her family. For her friends.. for Theodore.

Theodore.

His laugh and his smile.

Cassandra felt her lips twitch upwards for the first time in days.

She would do this. No matter how scared her thought made her, it was not scarier than staying in this room and getting harmed every day by the Turpins. It was not scarier than being killed by them.

She tried to think that way.

But most importantly, it was not scarier than never seeing Theodore ever again.