𝗣𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡

—THE NEXT MORNING, CASANDRA WALKED OUT OF THE COMMON ROOM WITH HER BAG SLUNG OVER HER SHOULDER. "Morning," said a voice as he started walking with her after catching up to her.

"Morning," mumbled Cassandra back without looking at him.

"We have potions first class, right?"

"Right."

Theodore hummed as they started walking the way to the Potions classroom. "Did you do the homework?"

"What homework?" She asked back, looking like she couldn't even care less.

When they reached the classroom and sat down at their usual seats, Theodore pulled out a piece of parchment from his bag. "I knew you wouldn't do it. So I did it for you."

Cassandra looked extremely confused, but hesitantly took the parchment nonetheless. "Why?"

He shrugged. "Why not?"

She became quiet for a few seconds. "Thank you, Theodore. You didn't have to," she softly said afterwards, right before the professor walked into the classroom.

"Today you will all be making the strengthening solution potion with your partners. Get the ingredients over there and start." The professor instructed the class.

Cassandra, as usual, went to get the ingredients while Theodore got their cauldron ready.

Her hand hovered over a particular ingredient, eyes on Fabian Weasley— who was whispering with Roxanne, both of them looking excited as they gave her smirks.

Cassandra shook her head and grabbed the ingredients, then went back to Theodore and put all the ingredients on the desk. "The Weasleys are planning something as usual." She drawled with a roll of her eyes.

"I'm sure it's nothing to worry about," said Theodore comfortingly. "It's not like they're experts in Potions."

"Maybe not in their own potions, but they are in sabotaging other people's potions."

"We'll take good care of our cauldron, then."

She nodded, watching as he got to work. She helped every now and then, but she was distracted with the Weasleys' presence in the other side of the room.

"Shit," muttered the girl when she knocked over an ingredient, too busy to notice it was there since she had her eyes on the Weasleys. "Fuck—"

"It's fine," insisted the boy beside her immediately as he cleaned it up with a cloth. "Just go get another one. It's alright."

She let out a small sigh of disappointment at herself, then went to where the ingredients where. Suddenly, she heard something plop in her and Theodore's cauldron when she was near enough.

Theodore was looking at the potion's book and didn't notice.

Cassandra immediately pointed her wand at the cauldron and non-verbally threw it at the other side of the room— right at the direction of the two Weasleys.

And when it reached them, the cauldron exploded and the potion went all over the Weasleys.

The whole class gasped and shared shocked looks, while the professor stood up in alarm. "Miss Slytherin-Malfoy! What are you thinking?! Weasleys, to the hospital wing right now! And Ms. Slytherin-Malfoy, to the headmaster's office!"

Cassandra shook her head with a scoff, but didn't feel anything other than relief when the two Weasleys rushed out of classroom as they screamed and wailed in pain.

She looked back at Theodore and asked, "Are you alright?"

"Cassandra, I'm fine. Are you alright?"

"They put something in the cauldron!" Cassandra defended herself instead of answering him when she noticed the fact that everyone looked at her in fear. "And I just threw the cauldron back to them! So what?!"

"Headmaster's office," the professor said again sternly. "Now."