𝗬𝗨𝗟𝗘 𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞

—RABASTAN WAS RIGHT. Yule was on its way. And it arrived. That is why Cassandra was back home with her family, along with many other students.

It was why Cassandra was in the living room with said family.

"How's your second year going, Scorps?" Alexandria asked Scorpius, looking genuinely curious.

"It's going good." Her son replied with a grin. "I'm having so much fun! Bailey and I found some secret passages around the castle and—"

Cassandra tuned them out as she stared into the fireplace, thinking of one person.

Actually, two.

Vanessa and Theodore.

They were both home. It was surprising for Vanessa, who was hardly ever been sent a letter to go back home during holidays that weren't summer.

So, Cassandra was confused. And worried. Very worried. She hoped her friend was okay.

But she knew Theodore would keep her safe.

And Theodore. Oh, Theodore. What Cassandra wouldn't do to know his feelings. His true feelings. He was confusing. He confused her. He stayed with her until she fell asleep in his arms, then he left in the middle of the night.

Why? Why didn't he stay?

Why did he leave?

And more importantly, why did they not talk about it? Why didn't he bring it up? Why was he acting like nothing happened?

For Cassandra, it felt like she had him and he had her. For just those few hours he was there.

But for Theodore.. well, Cassandra didn't know so she couldn't assume.

"—Cassie?" Cassandra heard her father call her name, snapping her back to reality.

"Sorry." She quickly mumbled.

"Are you alright?" Alexandria's brows furrowed.

Cassandra nodded. "Of course."

"I was asking how you're fifth year was going." Draco repeated the same thing he asked a minute ago.

"It's going fine," she said as a reply. And that was it. She didn't say anything else.

The parents looked at each other, but didn't say anything.

That night, Alexandria and Draco were in their bedroom in bed, holding each other.

"What can we do to make her feel better?" Draco asked quietly, while brushing his wife's hair with his fingers.

"There's nothing we can do except let her know we're with her and that she's not alone." His wife replied with a sad look. "She's destroyed, Draco."

He let out a sigh, already knowing this and feeling horrible for it. "I know, Ellie."

"I hate that we can't do anything. We're trying so hard to find the brother, but it's almost impossible. It's like he's in hiding and just waiting for a good time to attack and—" her eyes widened. "That's it. That's exactly what he's doing."

"Ellie—"

"We have to find him. Before it's too late. Before we lose her again and—"

"Love, I know." Draco pulled her closer to his chest and started to rub her back to calm her down. "I know, my love. We're going to try harder, okay? We'll try our hardest. Don't be afraid. And more importantly, don't lose hope."