𝗙𝗘𝗘𝗟

—CASSANDRA SHIVERED AS SOON AS SHE STEPPED OUT OF THE HONEYDUKES SWEETSHOP, HUGGING THE SWEATER SHE WAS WEARING A LITTLE TIGHTER. It was now almost November and it was very cold that afternoon. She turned to her side, lips quirking upwards when Theodore slung an arm over her shoulder.

"I think we got enough candy to last us the whole year," grinned Theodore.

Cassandra nodded with a hum. "Definitely." She said, then frowned when someone bumped into her. "Watch it."

The person muttered an apology without looking at her and left.

"Your brother isn't like you at all," said the boy after a few minutes of comfortable silence. "Have you noticed he's made friends with a Hufflepuff?"

"So?"

He shrugged. His eyes stopped on someone, who was in front of Madam Puddifoot's tea shop with a friend— laughing and talking. "I think.. I think I want to ask her out."

Cassandra stopped walking, as did Theodore. "Turpins? Amelia Turpins?"

He nodded. "Yeah. She's.." his eyes stopped on Cassandra this time, "I don't know. Maybe."

"Do you.. like her?"

Theodore let out a chuckle. "I want to ask her out." He repeated, not answering her question.

She looked away, not making eye contact with the boy. "Alright. Goodluck, Theodore."

"Thanks," he said. "Let's go back to the common room?"

Cassandra hesitated, then shook her head. "I have a letter I need to send to my parents."

Theodore nodded slowly, watching as she walked away.

Cassandra Slytherin-Malfoy was not a girl with feelings.

That's a huge lie.

It's more like; Cassandra Slytherin-Malfoy should not be a girl with feelings.

Why? Easy.

Because her grandfather couldn't feel. Or at least that's what everyone believed. Voldemort couldn't feel. Until he had a daughter. And for a while neither could his daughter. Until she met a boy who changed that; Draco Malfoy.

But Cassandra.. it was different for her.

She could feel.

And sometimes.. sometimes she wished she couldn't.

When she first saw Theodore with Amelia, she wished she couldn't feel. When she heard Theodore admit he wanted to ask Amelia out, she wished she couldn't feel.

She didn't know exactly why she hated seeing the two together.

Maybe it's because she felt like she was losing her best friend.

Whatever the reason was, Cassandra couldn't fathom it.

It was annoying her, really.

Cassandra looked up when somebody knocked on the door. "Who is it?" She asked, looking up from the book in her hands.

"It's Maeve." She heard somebody reply.

"Come in."

The door opened and in came Maeve Yaxley, who blinked a few times as she walked into the room. "Your room's gorgeous."

"Thanks." Cassandra replied, patting the mattress.

Maeve sat down next to her on the bed and sighed. "Your mother's bisexual, right?"

"Yep."

"If I'm a girl with no feelings towards boys but feelings towards girls sometimes. What does that make me?"

"A lesbian, Maeve."

"Shit, I'm a lesbian," Maeve let out a laugh, but looked relieved. "Thanks, Cass."

"Well, there you go." Cassandra gave her a proud smile. "Where is Zara? And Nessa?"

"They're still in Hogsmeade. I'm going to the kitchens to get something to eat. I thought you might wanna join?"

"I'd love to!" Cassandra excitedly stood up. "Let's go."