𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗞 𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗘

—SCHOOL WAS STARTING AGAIN SOON. Which was why Cassandra was in Diagon Alley with Zara. "Maeve and Vanessa are finally out on a date," explained Zara when Cassandra had asked where they were.

Cassandra merely nodded at that, feeling happy for the two. It was about time.

When they walked out of Flourish and Blotts, they both looked at two people that were walking out of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

"Why do the Weasleys even have permission to put up a shop?" asked Zara in disdain.

Cassandra shook her head, watching as Roxanne and Fabian walked over to them. "Great. Just what we needed." She muttered in sarcasm.

"Look, Fabian. It's the snake that actually killed for once." Roxanne said in a mocking way.

Cassandra looked unimpressed. "Indeed. So run along or else you'll be next."

Fabian scoffed. "Oh, please. You don't have the guts to do it again. It was only that one time."

"One is enough for a warning about what I can do, Weasley. Haven't you heard how I killed the older sister?" Cassandra tilted her head.

"It's a lie." Roxanne shrugged, seeming confident. "You don't have a dark core."

"Crucio." Cassandra pointed her finger at a rat on the ground, its squeals of pain reaching their ears.

"Let it go!" Fabian shouted. "You're harming it!"

Cassandra raised an eyebrow and stopped. "That was the point."

Zara covered her laugh with a cough.

Roxanne glared at her, grabbing Fabian's arm. "Let's go. She's gone crazy."

When they were gone, Zara looked at her friend. "Are you okay?" She asked, noticing her pale state.

Cassandra wiped her sweaty palms on her pants and nodded. "Of course. Let's go get some ice cream. I need something cold."

Zara nodded, agreeing with her. "It is a very hot day. Let's go."

"You know," started Zara after they got their ice creams and sat down, "you have changed a lot."

"How?"

Zara shrugged and swallowed a spoon of her ice cream. "For starters, you're wearing all black now." She said jokingly, but was right. "And.. well, what you did out there. No one even knew you had a dark core before all of.. what happened."

Cassandra's jaw clenched. She merely looked at the window and ignored her ice cream. "And that's why it was easy for me to get kidnapped."

Zara sighed. "I'm sorry that happened to you. You really didn't deserve any of that."

"It's fine," said Cassandra. "I'm fine."

"I'm always here for you."

"Thank you, Zara."