𝗪𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚

—THEODORE LET OUT A SIGH WHEN HE WAS IN HIS ROOM AND CLOSED THE DOOR BEHIND HIM. He wiped the one tear that escaped harshly, then saw the owl in his room with a letter. He recognized that owl.

His lips turned into a smile as he walked over to it.

He gave it a treat, then took the letter and opened it:

'Theodore,

It is a lie to say that I do not miss you. I am surrounded by my family, by death eaters playing board games and fighting over who won, by my mother's godparents playing quidditch with my brother, by my father smiling whenever my mother talks, but my mind is not with them.

It is with you, Theodore.

I want to thank you for helping me through what I'm going through. You have been nothing but an amazing and supportive person, and I truly cannot thank you enough.

Theodore, I want to tell you something.

You have been the only person helping me. You have been the only person noticing what has been happening to me.

And as sad as it is, nobody has noticed or helped. Except you, Theodore. Thank you. Whatever you go through, I will be there for you. Just like you've been here for me.

Anyways, school is starting soon again. I hope this break hasn't been too harsh on you. It'll all be okay soon, Theodore. We'll be okay.

Write back to me.
-Cassandra Slytherin-Malfoy.'

Theodore slowly put the letter back on the desk in front of him, clutching his fast-beating heart.

His eyes stopped at the part where it said; '—it'll all be okay soon.'

The bruise on his cheek said otherwise, but her words healed his bruise and his heart.

Because of her, Theodore had hope.

He sat down on the chair, grabbing a parchment and starting to write back. He noticed his horrible handwriting, so he crumpled up the parchment and threw it to the ground, grabbing another parchment.

That happened for another three times, then finally, his handwriting seemed okay:

'Cassandra,

You do not need to thank me at all. I will forever do whatever I can to help you, no matter how long it takes and no matter how hard it becomes.

I miss you, too, Cassandra. My mind is with you, too. It has always been.

This break has been worse than ever, but your letter has made it better. Thank you for that. I really needed it.

Break is ending soon and I cannot wait to get out of this manor. Vanessa has been as annoying as ever, but she does not realize how protective I am of her. She keeps thinking our parents keep choosing me over her, but she does not realize how good that is for her.

She will one day, though. Until then, I will keep protecting her.

How has your break been, though? It seems like it's been going well, thankfully.

I'll see you in a few days when the break ends hopefully.
-Theodore Nott.'

He gave the letter to the owl, watching as it flew away. His eyes went back to the letter she had written him, then he put the letter in the drawer filled with her letters.