𝗦𝗡𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗢𝗨𝗧

—IN THE MORNING, CASSANDRA SAT DOWN IN FRONT OF HER BROTHER, NOTICING THE HUFFLEPUFF GIRL THAT SHE SAT NEXT TO. "You must be Bailey." Cassandra said with a small smile, earning a nod from the girl. "Being friends with my brother is tough. Goodluck dealing with him."

"Cassie!" Scorpius groaned in embarrassment.

Bailey let out a laugh. "Thank you."

"How's your first year going so far?" Cassandra looked at her brother in question.

Scorpius shrugged. "It's going fine."

Cassandra nodded, pleased with the answer. She stood up and said goodbye to them, then went and sat down with her friends.

"—Paris is so much prettier." Vanessa argued as if it was obvious.

Maeve shook her head. "Italy is. Paris is overrated." She said, earning a scandalized gasp from Vanessa. "Come on, Ness. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions."

"Not if their opinions are wrong!"

Cassandra and Zara exchanged looks, both of them letting out a laugh. When they recovered, Zara said, "I'm going to Hogsmeade later. Do you want to join?"

Cassandra's brows furrowed in thought as she bit into a strawberry. "You mean skip classes and sneak out to Hogsmeade again?"

"Exactly. Maeve and Nessa are too scared to join."

"We just don't want to miss our classes," argued Maeve.

"Sure." Zara sarcastically said, looking back at Cassandra. "So?"

"I'll join." Cassandra said, opening her mouth to say something else, but then closing it when she saw Theodore with Amelia at the far end of the table.

Zara followed her look, then looked back at the girl sympathetically. "I promise I'll make you forget about them." She said, putting a hand on the girl's hand comfortingly. "You seem like you need that."

Cassandra rolled her eyes. "I don't care about them, Zara."

"Sure you don't, Cass."

"Where to first?" asked Cassandra after they successfully snuck out of school and into Hogsmeade, putting her gloved hands into her coat as she began to feel the coldness.

Zara pointed to a shop. "Do you need new quills?"

"I do, actually." replied Cassandra as both of them then started walking to the shop.

When they walked in, Zara pointed to a dark green and black quill. "You should get that."

Cassandra immediately nodded. "Definitely. That's gorgeous."

Biting into a chocolate frog that they got from Honeydukes, Cassandra looked at one of her best friends with a fond smile. "I had a great day." She said as they sat down in the courtyard that night at school.

"Me too." Zara smiled back and also bit into a chocolate frog. "Let's hope we won't get in trouble for skipping."

"We won't," said Cassandra confidently. Then, she stood up. "I've got a letter to write." She said, noticing Zara's questioning look. "I'll be back later."