𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦

-WALKING OUT OF THE POTIONS CLASSROOM, CASSANDRA HEADED THE WAY TO THE ASTRONOMY TOWER. When she was there, she put her bag down and sat down near the edge, looking at the view. "Following me, are you?"

Theodore, who just finished walking up the many stairs, rolled his eyes. "I'm here to apologize."

"Don't."

He sighed. "Can I sit with you?"

She nodded after a few seconds, watching how he walked up to her and sat down in front of her.

"Can I ask a question?"

"You just did. But go ahead."

"What's so wrong with killing people? Why do you not want to do that?"

Cassandra let out a sigh, looking away from him. "I just don't want to.. kill. I don't want to see the light leave someone's eyes because of me. I don't want to be responsible for it."

"I'm sorry, Sandra."

"It's fine."

Theodore took something out of his bag, giving it to her. "I think you'll enjoy this."

She looked at the book in his hands, lips quirking upwards. "A muggle book, Theodore?"

"It's from the same author."

"Thank you," said the girl, taking it. "I love it already."

"Of course you'll love it. I was the one who bought it for you, after all." He grinned smugly.

She rolled her eyes. "Don't flatter yourself."

They both looked up when they heard something. Cassandra immediately stood up, eyes lightening up when she saw her family's eagle.

Meanwhile, Theodore paled as he saw his family's eagle.

They both opened their letters quietly.

'Cassie,

How's everything going, darling? I do hope you haven't gotten any trouble from anyone.
Scorpius misses you and so do we. We can't wait for Yule- which is thankfully only a few weeks away.
We'll see you then!
-Mother and Father.'

The young girl felt her lips twitch upwards. She closed the letter and put it in her pocket, turning around and watching how Theodore put his letter on fire with a simple 'Incendio' spell.

"Why?" frowned Cassandra in confusion.

Understanding showed in her eyes as soon as she made eye contact with the boy. "Oh, Theo.."

"It's fine," Theodore said with a shake of his head, "everything's fine."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault my father's a dick."

"What'd he say?"

"The usual. How I should not disgrace the family and much more. It's like they don't trust me."

"Does Vanessa get those letters, too?"

At that question, Theodore rubbed his face with his hands. "They don't send her letters."

"You've got to do something, Theodore. Don't let them neglect her anymore."

"It's better this way. They won't be sending her threatening letters and filling her head with nonsense. They won't be watching her every move. Why do you think I've let this go on for years?"

"I'm sorry, Theodore."

"Don't be."

♡︎

"Did you get a letter from mother and father?" Vanessa asked her brother in the common room that night.

Theodore didn't look up from the reply he was writing to their parents. "Yes."

She sat up straighter. "Was there anything in there about me? Did they ask about me?"

"No."

"Nothing?" She frowned. "Again?"

"Yes." was all her brother replied.

Ignoring Vanessa's scoff and the fact that she left the common room, Theodore continued to write the letter.