𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗬𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞𝗦

-"THERE SHE IS," SAID A VOICE. Cassandra looked up from where she was sitting- which was under a tree in the courtyard- and raised an eyebrow.

Maeve, Vanessa, and Zara sat down around her.

"You missed dinner," yawned Vanessa, obviously very tired. Her hair was a bit messy, which Cassandra questioningly looked at.

"We might or might not have ran," shrugged Maeve, pointing to her own messy hair.

"Speak for yourself," scoffed Zara, her hair perfectly neat.

"Did anything interesting happen?" Cassandra asked, closing the book she was reading.

"No." Zara shook her head, while Vanessa and Maeve started to get in a conversation. "What are you doing out here?"

"Reading."

The young Rosier heiress hummed.

"Guess who asked me on a date!" asked Maeve randomly, catching their attention.

Vanessa tensed. "Someone asked you on a.. date?"

Maeve nodded in excitement.

Zara perked up. "Who?!"

"Abbot!"

Vanessa scoffed. "Him?"

Maeve frowned. "Yeah. What's wrong with him?"

"Who's Abbot?" whispered Cassandra to Zara.

"A Hufflepuff. He's in fourth year."

Cassandra nodded.

"I just think you could go on a date with someone much better," said Vanessa with a shrug.

"Yeah? And who's that?"

"Nevermind," mumbled the girl. "I'm sorry."

Maeve's frown didn't go away. She simply nodded and looked away.

♡︎

"What's the answer to number 5?" Zara asked with a groan.

Cassandra and Zara were sitting by the fireplace in the Slytherin common room, doing their homework. Behind them- on the couches- were Theodore Nott and a few of his friends, talking in hushed tones about something.

Cassandra muttered the answer, earning a 'thanks' from her friend.

"I'm done so I'm going to head to bed early," said Zara a few minutes later. "Night, Cass."

"Night, Zara." Cassandra replied, then looked up a few minutes later when all she heard was silence.

"Everyone's gone to bed," said Theodore, who was playing wizard's chess by himself- charming the board to play with him, earning a small chuckle from Cassandra. "Wanna play?"

She shook her head. "No, but I'm done with my homework."

He watched as he sat down next to him on the couch, pulling her knees to her chest.

"Is everything alright?" asked the boy, putting the game away.

"Of course."

Theodore nodded, playing with the heir ring on his finger. "Anything on your mind?"

"Nope."

"Alright."

She grabbed her book- which was on the table- and started reading it.

The only sound that was heard came from the fireplace, but other than that, it was completely silent.

Cassandra glanced at the boy next to her, slowly looking at him as she realized something. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" Theodore's blue eyes didn't move away from her.

"Like.. that."

"I have no idea what you mean, Sandra."

She rolled her eyes, trying to stop her smile as she bit the inside of her cheek.

"What book are you reading?"

"It's called 'It Ends with Us.' It's by a muggle author called Colleen Hoover."

"Muggle?" grinned the boy. "And your parents let you read it?"

"Mother read it before me and said it was quite amazing, actually." She replied, then cringed. "But she also said I wasn't allowed to read it until I was 16, which made me intrigued. It is also why I'm reading it now."

He let out a small laugh. "Only you, Sandra. Only you."

"You really should read it. I'm only a hundred pages in and it's great so far."

"I don't read muggle books."

"Alright," she rolled her eyes. "Prejudiced prat."

"Says the granddaughter of the dark lord."