𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘

—STEPPING OUT OF THE FIREPLACE, CASSANDRA IMMEDIATELY GRABBED A HANDFUL OF FLOO POWDER AGAIN BEFORE ANYONE SAW HER. The Turpins didn't have access to Slytherin-Malfoy manor, but the Notts did. "Slytherin-Malfoy manor!" She shouted.

She let out a cough at the smoke a few seconds later, then stepped out of the fireplace again.

She saw the place she thought she would never see again; home.

She saw the people she never thought she'd see again; her family.

"Cassandra?" Alexandria's eyes widened in shock. Her eyes widened even more when she realized blood was everywhere on her daughter. Then, she rushed to the girl and picked her up in her arms.

"Mother," whispered Cassandra as she closed her eyes tightly, feeling comforted by her mother's touch.

It was only then she realized how scared she was. How scary everything was.

Upon remembering that, she let out a small sob.

Alexandria immediately held her tighter.

Someone else came into the hug. Cassandra immediately knew it was her father, but couldn't hear him. And someone else came again— her brother. Cassandra couldn't hear him, either.

Her mind was going through every thought.

When they all pulled away, Draco crouched down to his daughter's level. "We thought we'd lost you," he whispered as he held his daughter's face.

Cassandra shook her head, eyes finding someone else in the room; her grandfather.

Tom, who was there to give news about not finding Cassandra again, gave her a small relieved smile, then his face changed to panic mode. "Who took you?"

Cassandra swallowed. "The Turpins," she said, noticing all of their shocked looks. "I've got a lot to tell you all."

When Cassandra told them everything, everyone was shocked. And how couldn't they be? Cassandra had been kidnapped. Kidnapped by a neutral family.

But the most shocking was: Cassandra had killed.

They were all proud, yes. But they knew how hard it must've been for the girl.

Right now, it was hours later and Cassandra was in her room. She had taken a shower, but even though her skin was clean with no more blood on it, she felt like she could never scrub the blood off of her.

She looked at all the letters on her desk and rushed over to them, searching for one name only. Her face fell when she didn't find that name.

Was Theodore really that careless about her being kidnapped?

Was he really not worried at all?

She let out a disappointed sigh and went back to her bed, flopping down on it.

She didn't know what she expected, really. Maybe a little more care from the boy she cared most about.

Her head went to the side, eyes stopping on a dagger on her nightstand, making her remember something.

"No— no. No, no, no— I failed."

She flinched. Then, she sat up straight and grabbed  the said dagger immediately when her door opened suddenly.

She let out a sigh of relief, letting go of the dagger when she realized who it was. "You scared me," she said quietly.

Natalia shook her head in shock and relief. "I scared you?!" She rushed to her and grabbed her in a hug, not noticing her tensed figure. "I thought you were— I thought— I thought you died!"

Cassandra shook her head and pulled away. "As you can see, I didn't." She smiled slightly at her cousin, whom she missed a lot.

Natalia sat down next to her, eyes never leaving her as if she was scared the girl would disappear. "You scared us a lot, you know?" She whispered.

Cassandra swallowed. "It wasn't my fault I was kidnapped, though, Lia." She deadpanned.

"I know. I'm sorry. That's not what I meant." The girl next to her replied. "And I'm sorry for letting you go get the water. If it wasn't for me—"

"It wasn't your fault." Cassandra immediately said and looked at her, seeing her doubtful expression. "Really, Lia. I don't blame you one bit. It was not your fault at all."

Natalia gave her a small smile of appreciation, then sighed and laid down.

Cassandra also laid down, staring at the ceiling.

"He was worried, too." Natalia said.

Cassandra's brows furrowed in confusion. "Who?"

"Nott," replied Natalia.

Cassandra could've sworn her heart skipped a beat.

"He looked for you with me," continued the girl. "We couldn't find you, but he looked like shit. It was hurting him. A lot."

Cassandra shook her head. "I don't believe you," she whispered.

Natalia took her cousin's hand and held it. "Think however you want, but that boy searched for you day and night. Even when I wasn't there to look for you with him."