𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗨𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦

—A FEW DAYS PASSED. Even though everyone was searching for Cassandra, nobody found her. Alexandria, who had just came back from searching, went to their bedroom while staring at the ground.

Almost robotically, she got changed into pajamas and tied her hair, her mind on one thing only; her daughter.

Draco, who was there as he had been taking care of Scorpius the whole day, frowned in concern. "Ellie—"

"Don't talk to me." Alexandria snapped, finally looking into his eyes. "I told you they'd be in danger. You kept insisting that they'd be fine."

"I just wanted them to have fun, love. I didn't know this would happen." He reasoned, tears brimming his eyes. "We'll bring her back safe—"

"Don't feed me that bullshit!" She harshly said, grabbing her pillow and walking out of their bedroom.

Draco's frown increased. "Where are you going?"

"To sleep in another room. I can't deal with you right now." She said as if it was obvious.

"Ellie, love, it's not my fault." He walked up to her and made her turn around. "Please stay with me tonight."

She watched as a few tears fell from his eyes. She felt tears in her own eyes. "Actually, Draco," she whispered, "it kind of is your fault."

Draco felt his heart break. He let go of her arm and watched as she walked away to another room— the guest room furthest from their bedroom.

He tried swallowing the lump in his throat.

He didn't blame Alexandria for acting this way. She had been very hesitant on going to the world cup, but Draco kept insisting that they would all be fine. He had ignored her gut feeling. And now he was paying for it.

But in the end, his daughter was kidnapped, too.

Was this how Tom felt when Alexandria was kidnapped a few decades ago, Alexandria wondered.

She had been going through panic attacks and nightmares of her daughter ending up dead, which was why she just gave up on sleeping.

The dark bags under her eyes were proof of that. Usually, when she couldn't fall asleep, she would get out of the manor and search for her daughter again, even though that's what she had been doing ever since Cassandra was kidnapped. Not an hour passed by without Alexandria going out to look for her daughter.

Feeling like she was going to sob, Alexandria stood up and walked out of the guest bedroom, needing her husband now more than ever.

She already regretted snapping at him. It was selfish of her and she knew it.

She pushed open the door to their bedroom slowly, noticing the fact that he was wide awake and sitting on their bed, looking at the empty half of the bed.

Draco's head snapped to the door. His face softened at her teary eyes. He immediately stood up and walked over to her, hesitantly motioning for a hug.

She immediately rushed into his arms and burrowed her face in the crook of his neck, letting out a small sob.

Draco held her tight, rubbing comforting circles on her back. He let out tears of his own quietly, kissing her head through their crying. "Stay with me," he whispered, his voice cracking. "Don't leave."

"I'm sorry." She replied quietly, sniffing. "I'm so sorry."

"Shh. It's alright, love. I'm right here."

"I just want her back," whispered Alexandria without pulling away. "I just want our daughter back."

"Me too, Ellie." He said with a sigh. "Me too."