CHAPTER 4: A Week of Normalcy...Not!

"What happens now?" Bella's voice cracked as she asked Derek

"Nothing." he says "Right now, we act like nothing has happened."

"Act like nothing has happened? But something did happen! Laura was murdered! You expect me to act like she's not dead!"

"Yes!" Derek snapped back "The last thing we need is undivided attention. We wait until something happens."

"And I want the bastard who did this dead!" Belle said as she gritted her teeth

"Kid, calm down."

"How can you sit there? She was all I had and she's dead!" Bella yelled

"We can't do anything. Not yet."

"What you need to do is find this new Alpha and kill him before something worse happens!"

Bella stood up from the kitchen table and studded off to her room upstairs.

"Where do you think you're going?" Derek asked as he began to follow Bella behind her

"Leave me alone, Derek." she cried as she ran up the stairs and slammed her bedroom door.

Bella jumps on her bed and cries herself to sleep. By midnight, she started to dream the same dream she always had for the last six years.

"Keep your head down. No matter what, don't let go" He tightened his grip on the small girl by placing his hands over her head and putting her face against his chest before charging at the wall and jumping through it. He screamed in pain as they landed on the ground. He didn't move and his eyes were closed.

"Daddy?"," the girl cried through tears. "Daddy, wake up!"

The girl began shaking her father to try to awaken him. The entire right side of his face was severely burned.

But something had changed in the dream this time.

"Belllllaaaa!!!!" a piercing cry was heard.

Bella looked up and saw Laura emerging from the burning house.

"Laura!" she cried

Laura pointed a finger directly at Bella "You!!!! You did this to me!"

Bella's eyes widened "I didn't...."

"I should never have been stuck with you! You were the burden on my life, the weight on my shoulders! Peter became useless, Derek left and you got stuck with me! I should've abandoned you when I had the chance! Had you been like me, maybe things would have been different but NO! You are nothing but a weak, spineless human!"

"Stop!" Bella cried as she tried to crawl away

"It's because of you that I was killed, you little brat! Now...I must kill you!" Laura roared as she transformed into her wolf form.

"Daddy! Help me!" Bella cried but it was no use. Peter remained completely still.

And within a swift second, Laura launched herself directly towards the girl.

"NO!" Bella screamed. She woke up in a cold sweat and began to let out shaky breaths. Bella became startled when her bedroom door burst open, revealing Derek as he entered.

"What happened?" Derek asks

"Nothing. Just a nightmare."

Derek relaxes once he realizes that there was no apparent danger. "You want to talk about it?"