CHAPTER 12: Derek is Missing

Bella got up the next day at almost noon. She checked her phone to see if she had gotten any messages. There was one from Peter earlier, stating that he had to run out and that he would be home soon. She got up, went downstairs and Peter sat down at the couch reading a book. He must've already done what he had to do.

"Back already?" Bella asked

"Well, I couldn't get to the animal clinic like I wanted to get to my beta." Peter said, not looking up from his book.

"Animal clinic?"

"There's one in town that knows about our kind." Peter explained.

"Oh, that one."

"Indeed." Peter said, tossing his book aside "Anyways, I've heard of a Winter Formal happening at the high school tonight."

"What about it?"

"Well, in order to get to Scott, I was hoping a certain girlfriend of his could help. Someone innocent to get his attention."

"Okay...." Bella said hesitantly "What are you gonna do? Kidnap her? That's low."

"Not exactly. What are you up to right now?"

Bella shrugged "Nothing."

"Good. You can come shopping with me." Peter said as he got off the couch

"You want to go shopping? You're kidding? Where?"

The two of them headed to the car and made their way to Macy's.

"What are we doing here, clothes shopping?"

"Something like that."

They wandered around until they made their way to the upper floor. Bella could've sworn that she saw Stiles holding dresses in his arms for a redhead girl. She was getting bored. She caught her eye on a leather jacket with a hoodie attached inside it. She walked over to it and took it off the rack and tried it on.

Once Bella stood in front of a mirror, she thought "Well, I actually look pretty good. I guess all Hales look good in leather."

She then turned around and saw her father talking to a brown haired girl

"Considering your skin tone, I'd go lighter." Peter said to the girl.

"Because I'm pale?" she asked

"Fair. I mean, you can't call skin like yours pale. Not skin that perfect."

"Okay." the girl smiled awkwardly

"Trust me, I have a unique perspective on the subject"

Bella tried hard to not laugh as she walked up the two. "Since when do you have a perspective on fashion, dad?"

The older girl relaxed a bit but was still nervous

"Who doesn't?" Peter said as he grabbed a silver dress off the rack behind him. He grabbed the girl's hand and examined her skin tone and the dress tone. "See? Much better."

Peter put the dress back "You're not here alone are you? Shopping for dresses with friends?"

The girl nodded

"Well, I'm just here to get my kid some new stuff." Peter said, wrapping an arm around Bella. "High school dance?"

"Formal" the girl said

Bella rolled her eyes when she realized why they were at Macy's.

The intercom went off. "Will the owner of the blue mazda, license plate 5UN I768. You are being towed."