Chapter 58: The Benefactor

Bella made her way back to the apartment. She wasn't surprised to find it was empty.

Bella went to her room and sat on her bed. She couldn't even function properly. Bella's heart was breaking. She's worried about everything. Bella just feels so empty and useless. Anger is all she could feel right now. All of this needed to end. The Dead Pool needed to end. Find the Benefactor. Kill them and then it's all over.

But it couldn't be that simple. No one knows who the Benefactor is.

Bella was laying in her bed when she heard Peter come home. She pretended to sleep so she wouldn't have to face Peter. She couldn't even look at him right now. Bella could hear Peter's footsteps getting closer. She could sense Peter standing in the doorway before he moved over and sat on the edge of her bed.

"I know you're awake, kiddo." Peter said

Bella didn't move.

"You have every right to be angry with me." Peter tells her. "Believe me when I say that I am only doing this to get close to Kate. I still plan to get my revenge on her for what she did to us. And this time, I'll make sure she stays dead. But in order to do that, I had to make her gain my trust, make her think that I am on her side. And when she least expects it, that's when I go in for the kill."

Bella listened closely to Peter's heartbeat. It didn't skip a beat. Was Peter telling the truth? Bella let out a deep breath as she dug further into the bed, still too angry to look at Peter. Peter didn't blame her. He wasn't gonna be able to get through to Bella tonight.

"Right." Peter said as he stood up. Peter then bends down and planted a kiss on the top of Bella's head. "I love you, pup."

Just as Peter was leaving, he heard a soft whisper saying "I love you too." back to him. Peter smiled before turning the lights off and closing Bella's bedroom door.

Bella woke up the next morning, drenched in sweat. She had just woken up from another nightmare/vision. Something was different about this one. In the dream, Bella found herself in a room. She went to the door and found that she was locked inside. Bella began to panic, pounding on the door as she screamed "Let me out!" as other screams were heard in the distance.

That's when she woke up.

Bella could feel Peter's presence in the apartment and she still didn't feel like talking to him. In fact, she had spent the next few days not saying a word to Peter.

By the third day, Peter went into Bella's room to try and talk with her.

"You're avoiding me," Peter said.

Bella sat back against her bed and bit back the 'no shit, Sherlock' that so desperately wanted to escape.

"I'm trying to talk to my daughter who's been completely ignoring me for three days now. Are you still that upset with me?" he asked, looking genuinely hurt.

Bella scowled

"Please, sweetheart. I want you to talk to me. I don't like it when you don't talk to me."

Bella let out a blustering sigh. She'd honestly been hoping to be able to delay this conversation for some other time.

"You don't have to like it." Bella told him with an annoyed tone

"She speaks." Peter said sarcastically with a grin

Bella rolled her eyes "I'm still seriously pissed about the crap you've pulled lately. You can keep pushing and I'll cut you out even more, or you can back the hell off and give me space," Bella said. "I'll come to you."