Chapter 6: Stilinski House

Bella began to feel a little awkward after the sheriff offered to take her out to eat for dinner but got comfortable once the two of them started talking a bit. It made Bella wonder what was going to happen to her tonight.

"Do you know where I am going tonight, sheriff?" Bella asked nervously

The sheriff placed his utensils down and crossed his hands together. "Well, if it's alright with you. I have an extra room in my house. You can stay with me and my son, Stiles, for the time being. Stiles is just a few years older than you, only he can act like a ten year old."

Bella smirked

"It'll be temporary until we figure out what's happening with Derek." the sheriff continues "I understand if you don't feel all comfortable but just know, I am offering with the best of intentions. If things don't go well after a few days, we'll have to figure out the next step here, which may actually be a foster home. Do you understand?"

Bella nodded "I understand sheriff. I really can't thank you enough."

"It is the least I can do."

After that, the sheriff drove to his house with Bella in the passenger seat. She was overwhelmed at the thought of staying in someone else's house but at least she had a place for now. When they entered through the front door, the sheriff called out for his son. "Stiles, you here?"

"Yeah, dad!" a voice called from upstairs

"Come down here!"

Within the moment, a teenage boy came into the room and froze. "What's going on ?"

The sheriff placed a hand on Bella's shoulder. "This is Bella Hale. She will be staying with us for a few days."

"Bella.... Hale?" Stiles stammered

"I expect you to make her feel welcome while she is here. No goofing around."

Stiles couldn't believe what was happening right now "How long...?"

"Until we figure out what's happening with the body we found and if Derek Hale's responsible. I hope the two of you will get along fine. Stiles, can you show her the guest room?"

"Yeah, dad." Stiles nodded and led the way upstairs with Bella behind him.

Stiles opened the door to the guest room "Here we are. Nice and roomy."

"It's great." Bella said

"So you are a Hale?" Stiles asked

"Got a problem with that?"

"Nope. No problem at all."

"Good then hopefully there won't be any issues." Bella said as she threw her bag on the bed.

"Wow, great, okay. Well, I'll just leave you to it and I'm just gonna...go..." Stiles awkwardly left the room and the bedroom door to the room next door closed. As Bella sat on the bed, she could hear Stiles in the next room and she went to the wall and listened closely.

"Scott, I am not joking around. Derek had a kid cousin he was taking care of and now, my dad offered her a place here until they figure out what to do with Derek! I don't know! The kid has to be like him right? I mean, like a wolf?"

Bella pulled back. So, this Scott must be the same one that Derek mentioned. The new beta. And it seems like Stiles knows about them. This will be fun.

Bella decided to leave the room to knock on Stile's door. When Stiles opened, he stood there shocked.

"You know, if you want to discuss werewolf things with someone in private, don't do it when another one is in the house."

Stiles' eyes widened "What...?"

Bella laughed. "Relax idiot. I don't have wolf hearing. I heard you through the wall. Besides, I am not even a werewolf."

"You're not?"

"Nope. 100% human. I was just teasing you."

Stiles relaxed a little "Oh."

"So...Scott."

"What do you know about Scott?"

"I know that he is the new Beta that was bitten by a new Alpha that is running around town. That's all that Derek told me."

"Really?"

"Derek and I aren't exactly close enough to be on speaking terms."

Stiles nodded "Right."

"So as long as you don't ask me contant questions about my family and werewolves, we'll get along just fine."

Stiles nods in understanding.

Bella thought for a moment before turning to leave "Unless, you and your little posse tell me everything you know about what's been happening around town. You keep me updated on anything unusual that happens. Maybe, we'll get along more than fine."

"What do you want to know?" Stiles muttered

"Well, what do you know so far?"

"Well, I know that Scott was bitten by a werewolf and now has supernatural powers and he turns into a wolf, which he still can't control when he is angry. Scott finds out that Derek is a werewolf and thinks that Derek was the one that bit Scott. We know that a dead body has been found in the woods, practically ripped in half. We still don't know who the dead woman is..."

"I do..." Bella quietly said

Stiles sat upright "You do?"

"It's my cousin, Laura. She was my guardian until...."

"Laura Hale?"

Bella nodded. "Laura pretty much disappeared. Derek showed up after Laura failed to keep in contact about something she was investigating here in Beacon Hills."

"What was that?"

"I don't know. Something about a symbol carved into a deer. But anyways, the entire time Derek has been here, he's been working on finding out the reason for her death. If that was her body that was found on the Hale property, she'll be identified soon. Derek never told me much of what he was doing. Practically left me alone the whole time. Now he's in jail and I am here."

Stiles looked like he knew something

"Do you know something?"

Stiles hesitantly said no but Bella saw right through the lie. "Tell me."

"Scott and I may have found the body." Stiles confessed

"You may have?"

"Well, we knew that Derek had to be responsible so, yes, we dug it up and called the cops on Derek."

"You set Derek up?!" Bella cried

Stiles remained silent

"Despite what you may think of him, he's actually innocent. Laura died before he even got to town. Laura was up to something and it got her killed. Derek is only here to figure out what happened. " Belle then smirked "Plus, I think a jail cell might do him some good."

"Wait...you're not mad?"

"Oh, I'm mad. I think he deserves it, even if he didn't kill anyone."

"Why does he deserve it?"

"He's an idiot, that's why."