Chapter 9: The Alpha Revealed

Derek finally revealed to Bella what he talked to Laura about the last time they talked. "The last time I talked to Laura, she was close to figuring something out. She found out two things. First was a guy named Harris, who is the chemistry teacher over at the high school. The second thing was a symbol. An Argent family heirloom."

Bella took a deep breath "Argent."

Derek nods

"They're up to something, are they?"

"I have reason to believe so."

The next day at school, Bella was a nervous wreck. Now that she knows that the Argents are involved, she's been shaking nonstop, looking over her back every moment. She felt eyes watching her as people started to notice her shaking uncontrollably.

She quickly walked down the wall and turned corners until she came to a secluded hallway with empty classrooms. Bella paced the hallway agitatedly as she tried to control herself as she began to have a panic attack.

When school let out, Bella was anxious to get home. When she got home, she worked on her homework until she got an anonymous message saying to meet at the hospital. Worried that something had happened to Derek, she grabbed her bike and rode fast to the hospital. When she got there, Bella noticed Stiles' jeep in the parking lot as she jogged inside the hospital. She searched the halls, hoping to find someone she recognizes.

Bella turned a corner and found Derek and someone facing off as Stiles stood between them, blocking Bella's view of the other guy.

"That's not nice. She was my nurse." said a voice that was oddly familiar voice to her

"She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people." Derek said "Get out of the way." Derek said to Stiles

"Oh damn." Stiles said quietly before dropping to the floor. As Stiles dropped, Bella froze in place as she saw the face of the man that was standing down the hall. She couldn't believe her eyes.

"Oh my god." she said loud enough for everyone to stop and look back at her.

Tears began to well up in her eyes as she stared right at the man. Bella was obviously so confused at the moment that she was unsure of what to do or say. The man smiled lightly back at her as he opened his arms for her.

"....Dad?" Bella whispered.

The man down the hall was Peter Hale, Bella's father

"Hey, kiddo." Peter said with a smile.

Without hesitation, Bella began to walk towards Peter but only to be stopped by Derek.

"Hey!" Bella cried out as she squirmed against Derek's hold. "Let me go! That's my dad!"

"Bella, he's the Alpha! He bit Scott and killed all those people." Stiles said as Derek kept trying to hold the girl back.

Bella heard what Stiles said but she didn't care. That was her dad and he was up and walking. She then said something that shocked the both of them.

"I don't care! That's my dad!" Bella yelled as she finally broke free from Derek's grip and launched herself at Peter. Peter wrapped his arms around her as she cried against his chest.

"I'd never thought..." Belle started to say in a whisper but couldn't finish the sentence.

"I know." Peter said, shushing her. "It's okay, sweetheart. Daddy's here. I'm never gonna leave you again. I promise."

Peter released Bella from the hug

"Now, let me look at you." Peter said, eyeing his daughter up and down.