CHAPTER 60: Shadows and Demons

Back at the apartment, Peter wanted a chance to try and talk to his daughter again. The two of them sat down on the couch

"You know, we never got the chance to talk about your mother." Peter said to Bella

"Why should I care?" Bella said "She abandoned me as a baby. Probably did the same for Malia. If Malia wants to find her, fine by me. I don't want anything to do with her."

"Even if it reveals the truth?" Peter asked

"I've been doing just fine without her in my life. Even if I don't know who she is."

"True." Peter nods "I don't even know who she is either, no thanks to Talia. Part of me wants to know the truth. And find out why things happened the way it did."

"And the other part?"

"Part of me doesn't even care." Peter revealed "It's too bad she ran off and I was left to take care of you."

"You make me sound like a burden." Bella looked down

"No." Peter grasped her hands, causing her to look up at him. "You were never a burden. Yes, I was a single father. Was it hard at times? Yes. It wasn't easy at first but I think I did an okay job."

"Apart from the years you were in a coma."

"True." Peter sighed "But I had you. That's more than enough for me."

"I thought you wanted to track her down?" Bella looked up at Peter

"Your mother? I thought I did."

"Then what changed your mind?" Bella asked

Peter shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I was just afraid."

"Afraid of what?"

"Of learning what the truth is."

Bella sighed "Same."

Peter put his arms around Bella, pulling her in for a hug. "No matter what happens. No matter what the truth is, even if it hurts, it's going to be alright."

"I know." Bella said

It was getting late. Bella was tired. Peter noticed. "Why don't you go to bed. We can talk more later."

Bella nodded as she wrapped her arms around Peter once more, bidding him good night. Peter pressed a kiss on the top of her forehead.

"Get some rest." Peter tells her

"I will." Bella said, heading to her room.

Bella crawled into bed and was fast asleep within minutes. She was only asleep for a few hours when she started to have a nightmare. The same nightmare she's had before. Whether it was a dream or a vision, she did not know.

In the dream, Bella was in a room. She went to the door and found that she was locked inside. Bella began pounding on the door as she screamed "Let me out!" as other screams were heard in the distance. She began to scream hysterically as the dream began to fade.

Bella's eyes fluttered open as she felt like she had been crying from the dream. She sat up on her bed. She sat there with her head in her hands as more tears fell, hitting the floor or her leg while the dream was repeated in her head like poison.

Bella then got up and walked into the bathroom and grabbed a tissue, whipping her red, puffy eyes and splashed some water on her face. She took a deep, shaky breath in and out. She did this a few times before her breathing was normal again.

Bella went back to her bedroom and sat on the edge of her bed, with her hands in her head.

"What are you doing up?"