CHAPTER 28: Unexpected Help

Four months had passed. April had come and gone. It was now the middle of August and the school year was starting back up again.

So much has changed since then: Derek moved into the loft where Bella once lived. Allison and Chris Argent went to France for the summer. Jackson moved to London, permanently. He became the American Werewolf in London, which Bella gets a kick out of saying that.

But also, Erica and Boyd were missing. No one knows what had happened to them so Derek and Isaac have been searching for his betas.

Bella was starting to dread having to go back since she missed the remainder of last year. If anything, she didn't want to go back to Beacon Hills Junior. She was miserable there. Bella talked to Peter and agreed to enroll her in another school outside town. She was thrilled that she didn't have to go back to her previous school. But she was also nervous about going someplace new.

The week before, Bella walked over to the Macy's store. She found herself in the makeup section. She couldn't figure out which cover and foundation to get.

"I know you." a voice came behind her.

Bella turned and saw Lydia

"And I know you, too." Bella remarked

"Little young for makeup, are we?"

"Well, I'm not looking at some to look pretty. Just trying to find something that would help cover up the..." Bella motioned to the scar across her face.

"Oh! Of course." said Lydia. "Maybe I can help"

"Thanks. I know nothing about makeup."

Lydia started grabbing a bunch of different covers and held the samples out to compare Bella's skin tone. Nothing was a perfect match.

"This place is a bust." said Lydia looking bummed

"It's fine." Bella said, looking disappointed

Lydia could see right through the disappointment "Nope. I have a whole bunch of stuff back home. Why don't you come with me and we'll see if we can find your perfect match."

Bella was unsure. "I don't know..."

"Hey, you can trust me." Lydia tells her

"And I don't trust easily."

"Do you trust Scott?" Lydia asked

"I think so." Bella replied, not really sure how to respond to that.

"Then you can trust me."

"Alright. But only if you give me a ride back home."

"Deal." Lydia smiles

Lydia drives Bella to her house. She takes Bella's hand and leads them to her bedroom upstairs. Lydia's room was full of purple and pink. Bella looked around as Lydia went to her makeup counter.

"You weren't kidding when you said you had a lot of makeup." Bella observed

"A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do." Lydia said with a smile "Now, let's take all of this and see what we can find, shall we?"

Within minutes, they found the perfect tone for Bella's skin. Lydia showed Bella how to apply the makeup to her skin. They managed to cover up her scar with barely anything showing, almost as if Bella was never scratched to begin with.

"My god" Bella said, eyes widened in shock

"What do you think?" Lydia asked

"I'm thinking that I can rock this. Look at this! It's like I never had a scratch! I've almost forgotten what my face looked like before this. This is unbelievable!"