CHAPTER 38: The Lunar Eclipse

"You need to leave" Peter said to Bella

"What, why?" Bella asked worriedly

"You need to leave with Derek and Cora."

"What about you?"

"I'm staying."

"What? No, I want to stay with you." Bella says worriedly

"No." Peter said "You need to leave. Go where you'll be safe"

"I'm not leaving without you!" Bella yelled

"You have to!"

"What if something happens to you?!"

"It won't. Trust me. Now get in the car!."

Bella, Cora and Derek got into the car.

"Don't call until you are at least a hundred miles away." Peter instructs.

"Dad..." Bella said with teary eyes.

Peter took her hand and kissed the top of her forehead "It'll be alright."

Peter turns to Derek and tells him to leave. "Go!"

Derek ignites the car and drives off, leaving Peter behind.

But they weren't even five minutes into the driver when they heard a screeching scream from somewhere. Derek slammed the brakes

"What the hell was that?" Cora asked

"Lydia" said Derek "We have to go back."

Derek turns the car around and drives back towards the loft at high speed. When the three of them arrived, they found a massacre. Kali was dead. The twins were dead. Lydia was in the corner, beyond terrified. Bella and Cora rushed to her side.

Above all that, Jennifer was there.

"You did this for me?" Derek asked agitatedly

"For us. For anyone who's ever been their victim." Jennifer stated

"Stop talking like a politician. Stop trying to convince me of your cause!" Derek said angrily as he glared at Jennifer.

"Fine. I'll convince you of someone else's. Scott. You can save his mother and Stiles' father. ."

"How?" Derek asked as she stepped closer to him

"I need a guardian. And that's a role that can either be filled by the three parents I was forced to take. Or by you." Jennifer informed as she moved closer to Derek

"I can't help you. I'm not even an alpha anymore." Derek said irritatedly

"All I need is for you to get Deucalion in the right place at the right time"

"You just killed three of them on your own. What do you need me for?"

"You haven't seen him at his strongest. I have. If he's got Scott with him, I don't stand a chance unless I have you." Jennifer said

"Don't trust her Derek!" Bella cried out

"I have the eclipse in my favor, but the moon's only gonna be in the Earth's umbral shadow for 15 minutes. That's the extent of my window. There's no decision to struggle with. Help me kill him, and the others live. Just help me." Jennifer pleaded

Derek made a decision "I'm going to save part of your pride." Derek stated.

Derek then leaves with Jennifer, leaving the others behind.

"We have to get going." Cora said "We can get help."

"From who?" Lydia asked

"I don't know but we can't stay here."

A cracking noise was suddenly heard. The three of them turned around to see the twins splitting apart. They were alive.

Bella, Cora and Lydia quickly brought the twins to Deaton's.

"Can you save them?" Cora asked Deaton

"Only if they start healing on their own." Deaton stated

Deaton hurriedly placed oxygen masks on Ethan and Aiden. He then injected something in each of them.

Just then, the eclipse ahd started., leaving the werewolves without their powers

After 15 minutes, the eclipse ended. The twins were now healing and recovering. Now it was time to wait for the news.

They later got the news that the parents were saved. Jennifer had been defeated. It was over. Scott was now an alpha. A true alpha.

Bella took her phone out to try and reach Peter. She texted "Dad, where are you? I'm at the clinic. We never left. I'll meet you back at the loft"

Peter was in the forest. He went to the Nemeton. Peter saw Jennifer Blake crawling towards it to try and use its power to save herself. Peter then grabbed her arm.

Jennifer laughs at the sight of Peter "Of course it's you. Everyone else suffers and you come out on top. And now that Scott's an Alpha, you'll be able to steal it from him. You'll be an Alpha again."

"Again?" Peter said angrily. "Again?"

Peter used his claws and slashed Jennifer's throat, killing her for good.

"I AM THE ALPHA! I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE ALPHA!" Peter yells.

Peter was making his way back home when he got a text from Bella. He reads it, frustrated that Derek, Cora and Bella never left Beacon Hills. Not that it had mattered now anyways. The threat was now over. He headed back home with hate still filled in his heart.

He walked into the loft to find it empty. Peter observed the new damage that was lying about, glass and blood everywhere.

Who got hurt? Peter wondered.

Peter suddenly heard footsteps behind him.

"Daddy!" Bella cried as she jumped into Peter's arms.

"Oh thank god." Peter said as he wrapped his arms around Bella's. He then pulled them apart "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine." Bella said as Peter embraced her once more.

Derek and Cora then showed up, seeing the father and daughter embrace. "Why didn't you leave when I told you to?" he asked them

"It's a long story." Derek told Peter "Doesn't matter now. Cora and I are leaving in the morning."

"Where will you go?"

"I don't know yet. Right now, it's better to be anywhere but here."

Cora and Derek left first thing the next morning. Peter and Bella stayed behind in Beacon Hills.