CHAPTER 59: The Drive to Kill

Later that night, deep in the underground tunnels of Beacon Hills, Kate Argent was strolling purposefully towards a large wall of falling water. She walked past the moss-covered walls and spotted the man she was looking for--Peter Hale.

"You look nervous," she observed, her heels clacking against the cement as she approached him. Peter turned to look at her and frowned.

"I'm not nervous," he argued. "I'm rattled. I don't like being rattled."

"But it's over. The dead pool's done," Kate told him. "And if you need to be reminded, everything else is going exactly your way."

"Not exactly my way," Peter said, raising his voice to drown out the sound of all the water dripping around them.

"Maybe every little piece in your game didn't move just as predicted," Kate rolled her eyes,

"but they still moved perfectly into place."

Peter moved his gaze towards the water falling down the wall next to him, and Kate watched as the gears turned in her head.

"You wanna bail on the plan," she guessed, letting out an annoyed sigh.

"Of course not," Peter snapped. "Not when I'm this close...not when I'm this close to killing Scott McCall."

Kate smirked in approval. But Peter then frowned as he started considering the entirety of the plan, and all the people Peter might have to go through to get Scott.

"What is it?" Kate all but groaned, noticing the expression on Peter's face.

"You don't touch my daughter," Peter said, looking up at her with a serious expression.

Kate turned with a slight scowl smirked in realization as a face appeared in her mind. "Oh, that little spitfire?" she snorted. "Bella?"

"Yes. You kill Scott, you kill anyone else who tries to get in your way, but you don't go near her"  Peter warned again.

"Or Malia" Peter thought in his mind, unsure if Kate knew of Malia's existence.

Kate cocked her head at him, almost mockingly.

"My, my," she muttered. "Is that a weakness in your heartless armor?"

"She's family," Peter said

"She's a beast," Kate's face fell in disbelief. "Little itty bitty human turned into the big bad wolf, I may as well be threatened."

Peter growled "You stay away from her, or else."

"Or what?" Kate spat "You'll kill me?"

Peter glares at Kate, threateningly

Kate laughed "Don't worry. I'm not going to touch your little brat. I've got other things to worry about."

But Peter was worried. He didn't trust Kate to stay true to her word.

A week later passed. All was quiet in Beacon Hills. The Dead pool was over. There was no sign of Kate or her Berserkers. Everyone was able to breathe for a little bit.

Bella was working on trying to get over Peter being the Benefactor. But she knew that it wasn't his fault entirely. After all, why would Peter put his own children on a hit list?

One Friday afternoon, Peter noticed that Chris Argent was tracking Kate. He intended to stop Chris from going further so we went on ahead to the sewers to wait for him.

Chris arrived, with his rifle gun ready to go as he searched the sewers. He looked down at the water, where he found a piece of the Berserkers. Chris had knelt down to observe it but not for long. Chris heard someone coming up to him. He quickly rose from his knees and held his gun at Peter.