CHAPTER 19: A New Nightmare

The next night was the night of Lydia's birthday party. Allison had invited Bella to come alone but she didn't want to risk being seen. Lydia had come to the house with four large Macy's bags. She and Allison were deciding what to wear for the party. Bella just merely observed the girls dressing up

"Clear your schedules. This could be a while." Lydia points out

"How many outfits do you plan on wearing tonight?' Allison asked

"It's my birthday party." Lydia said with a smile while pulling out a dress from the bag "I'm thinking host dress, evening dress, then after hours casual."

"I noticed that you didn't send out any invites."

"Biggest party of the year. Everyone knows."

Bella wanted to slap herself after awhile as Lydia and Allison kept shuffling through clothes. A soft knock at the door causes everyone to look up and see Mrs. Argent standing at the door.

"Mrs. Argent, what do you think?" Lydia asked, holding up a dress.

"It's lovely" she replied "Allison, can I grab you for a moment to talk? Just the two of us?"

"Can we do it later?" Allison suggests

"Actually, to be honest, sooner would be better" Mrs. Argent said

"Party's at 10." said Lydia

"You'll be around before then?" Mrs. Argent asked

"I think so." Allison replied

Bella observed Victoria Argent's behavior. Something was wrong. Bella got up and followed Mrs. Argent

"Mrs. Argent? Is everything alright?" Bella asked

Victoria turned around, rather stunned that the Hale girl was talking to her. "I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"You wanted to talk to Allison. You looked sad when she turned you away. Is there something I can help with?"

Victoria nods "No, this is an Argent family matter. Now, go back to the girls."

Victoria walked away, leaving Bella confused.

A few hours later, Allison left for the party while Bella went to do some basic training. She's become rather fond of learning self defense. After training for hours, Bella grew tired and went to bed early. 

After a while, Bella was fast asleep. She began twitching in her sleep, having a dream.

Bella looked around her and saw that she was gathered around a bunch of teenagers at what looked like some kind of party. She was confused, wondering why she was there.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" a voice screamed

Bella turned around and saw Derek at the end of the hall. 'Derek?"

"BELLA LUNA HALE. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Derek yelled

"i...I don't know." Belle stuttered with fear

"I can tell you. You've been killing this family! First the fire, that was your fault! And then Laura and Peter! You killed all of them! Every single person in our family and everyone else in that house! It's all your fault! No wonder your own mother abandoned you after you were born. You forced Peter to care for you. You're a waste of space! No one wants you and no one ever will! I can't believe that you thought that anyone could love you. You are a brat who doesn't deserve to live another day. You killed our family!" Derek kept yelling as Bella clutched her ears and bend down to the ground, curled up in a ball, in tears.

Suddenly, the noise drowns out.

It was dark. Bella looked around and saw that she was in the woods. From a distance, she saw someone dragging something. Dragging another person. Bella moved closer and saw it was Lydia and she was dragging Derek by the arms! Derek was unconscious.

"Lydia?" Bella whimpered "What are you doing? Stop?"

Lydia didn't react or reply. Bella couldn't move. She felt paralyzed. The next thing she knew, she followed Lydia and made her way into a house. The Hale House.

"Lydia." Bella said again, only to be ignored. 

Lydia laid Derek down in the middle of the room next to a large hole in the floor.  Derek was barely conscious as he said "You don't know what you're doing."

Bella watched from the entryway and she tried to get Lydia to answer here with no results. Lydia then grabbed Derek's arm. She reflected the moonlight off the mirrors as they watched the moonlight fall directly in the hole. A pair of claws came out and latched onto Derek's arm. Derek groans in pain .

Just then, something bursts from the floor. No, someone. That someone began to crawl out of the space. A man. He rose from the space and stood up. The unknown man was completely naked. Bella looked away.

"I heard there was a party." The man said. The man had a very familiar voice. Bella looked back as the man said  "Don't worry. I invited myself."

Bella couldn't tell but she was fairly certain that the man that rose from the ground was her father, Peter Hale.

"Dad." Bella breathed before everything went back.

Bella woke up with a shout, drenched in sweat.

Gerard came into the room "Are you alright, sweetheart?"

Bella nods "Just a dream. Nothing more."

"Do you get dreams often?" he asked

"Nightmares."

"Ah. I won't pretend to know what you are going though"

"What time is it?" Bella asked

"It's three in the morning. Everyone in the house is awake. Something's happened."

"What's wrong?" Bella asked with concern.

"Victoria is dead." Gerard simply said

Belle's eyes widened "I'm sorry, what?!"

"It was Derek and his pack of wolves! They did this!"

Tears began to fall down her face "No."

"Yes! And for this, they must be put down!"