CHAPTER 30: The Vault

The next day, after school, Peter picked Bella up and they headed for Derek's loft.

"Tell me again why I have to come with you?" Bella asked feeling irritated

"Because I don't want to leave you alone with the Alpha pack in town." Peter replied "Anything could happen if I'm not there to look after you. It's better if you stick with me."

"And yet, you leave me alone at school for six hours a day." Bella said in a snarky tone

Peter chuckled "Besides that. Derek needs my help to go over the plans of how to save his betas."

"I thought you didn't have any of your abilities?" Bella raised her eyebrow

"Don't remind me" Peter sighed

When Peter and Bella arrived at the loft, Derek was thrilled to see his little cousin. He had been wanting to talk to her for so long. Derek took notice of Bella's covered up face.

"Hey, you healed up nice." Derek said, pointing at Bella's face.

"Well, I wouldn't say healed," said Peter "More like covering it up with makeup."

"Oh, I guess that'll do. Not a bad idea." said Derek. "How are you doing, cuz?"

Bella nodded back at Derek

"Aren't you going to say something to your cousin?" Peter asked Bella

"Nope. Gonna go do my homework." Bella said as she made her way to the couch.

"Four months and counting. Wonder how long that is going to last." Peter said jokingly

"She hasn't said one word to me." Derek said with his arms crossed

"Just give her some more time." Peter told him "The kid'll come around. Probably won't ever forgive you, though."

"Jeez, thanks." Derek rolled his eyes

"Well, it was sort of your fault to begin with."

"Let's not discuss this again."

After 5pm, Scott and Stiles showed up at the loft. They were looking over the plans of an abandoned bank where Erica and Boyd were being held.

"You see this?" Stiles pointed at the plans. He was explaining how some robbers robbed the bank a few years back.  "This is how they got in. It's a rooftop air conditioning vent. Leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here. One of the robbers was lowered into this shift. Now the space is so small, it took him about twelve hours to drill into the wall, which is stone. Then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back in the roof through that one little shaft in the wall. Boom."

Stiles, Scott and Derek leaned against the table the blueprints were on. Peter and Bella were sitting down next to each other on the couch as they listened and observed the others.

"Can we fit in there?" Scott asked

'Yeah, we can. But very barely. And they patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking maybe a diamond bit..."

"Look, forget the drill "Derek said as he cut off Stiles

"Sorry?"

"If I go in there, how much space do I have?"

"What do you think you're gonna do, Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?" Stiles asked

Yes, Stiles. I'm gonna punch through the wall."

"Okay big guy. Let's see it. Let's see that fist. Big, old fist. Make it, come on. Get it out there. Don't be scared. Big bad wolf. Yeah, look at that. See this? That's maybe three inches of room to gather enough force to punch through a solid-ah!" Stiles taunted Derek before Derek punched his hand, making him fall to the floor in pain.