CHAPTER 73: Peter Goes Through the Portal

The sounds of horses could be heard and they were coming closer. That's when Peter grabbed his daughter and ran. When the entire station is scrambling around, trying to hide, they run into Stiles and the three of them hide.

One of the horse riders throws a girl onto the ground and another girl runs up to her, taking her into her arms

"This place is really starting to fill up." Peter says

"Okay, now I see what you mean." Bella said after seeing a Rider for what could possibly be the first time, that she remembers.

"Wait, I know that girl. That's Gwen. She plays lacrosse." Stiles said

The Ghost Riders continue shooting up in the air.

"How long has this been going on?" Stiles asked

Peter sighs "This isn't a train station. This is a way station. It's not gonna stop."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Bella asked

Peter looks back at the arrivals board and he realizes something.

"What is it?" Stiles asked "What are those places? Bannack, Canaan? I know you know something."

"We have to get out of here. We are not safe." Peter says

"In here?" Bella questions

"Beacon Hills, friends, family, anyone you have ever known will be taken." Peter says and turns on his heel, stalking towards the dark train tunnel.

"What the hell is he doing?" Bella asked Stiles.

"Don't know." Stiles replied as he shouted towards Peter "Where are you going?"

Bella and Stiles follow  Peter into the tunnel.

"Dad, come on. Enlighten us." Bella said

"What is it with the towns? What does it mean?" Stiles asked

"I told you, it's not going to stop." Peter said

Stiles sighed "Okay, so what's the plan then?"

Peter turns to face his daughter and studies her face. He looks away before answering "I'm going through the portal."

"Wait, wait, wait." Stiles said

"Hold up, what portal?" Bella asked

"Peter, no one can get through the portal." said Stiles "We watched a guy get vaporized. You said it couldn't be done."

"Vaporized!" Bella cried

"No human can make it." Peter says

"And you're better than human?"

Peter smirked, "I'll heal."

"Hold up!" Bella shouted "What is this? What portal are you talking about?"

"The portal that the ghost Riders come through from. The only way in and out. Peter's about to get himself killed" Stiles explained before turning towards Peter

"Let's not have a moment." Peter said

"Are you crazy, right now?" Bella questioned "You want to go through that?! If Stiles is right, you'll die!"

Stiles moves towards Peter "If you survive, you have to find my friends for me, okay? You have to tell them about me. Cause they're not gonna remember me, so you have to tell them that I'm here."

"When I survive, I'm going to get as far away from Beacon Hills as I possibly can." Peter then looks towards his daughter "If I make it through alive, there's a strong chance you can make it too, kiddo."

"Aw, hell." Bela rolled her eyes

"And that's a big if"

"So, you're willing to sacrifice yourself based on a theory? You don't even know if it'll work!"

"I have to try! Better me than you." Peter said, placing a hand on Bella's shoulder before turning to Stiles. "And if I happen along one of your below average friends and it doesn't inconvenience me, I might mention your name."

"Yeah, what about Malia?" Stiles asked

Peter pauses for a moment before breathing heavily and turning back towards Stiles .

"I know you're doing this for her. For Bella" Stiles said "You're risking being incinerated for them. And I'm okay with that."

"Stiles, shut up!" Bella cried

The sounds of horses could be heard from behind

"Stiles," said Peter with worry.

Stiles turns back towards the direction of the sound.

"Stall them." Peter tells Stiles

"What? How?"

"Use your head." Peter turns towards his daughter "Bella, go with Stiles" 

"Dad..." Bella starts to cry

"Do it now! Whatever happens, I love you so much. Always remember that." Peter quickly says as he kisses Bella's forehead before running onto the platform to get into position.

"I'll never forgive you for this either." she said loud enough for Peter to hear it.

"Probably not," said Peter. "Now go! Quickly!"

Stiles stands still for a moment, unsure of what to do before he grabs Bella and  scrambles onto the platform after Peter and starts pushing the benches down onto the tracks. He knows that won't slow them down but hopefully it'll buy Peter some time.

Ghost Riders come back into the tunnels and they hardly even notice  the benches, slowing down only enough  to avoid them. Stiles holds his breath as the two of them watch Peter leap onto the back of one of the horses as the Ghost Riders approach the portal. He lands solid and turns back to look at Bella and Stiles once, twice and three times and then he's through the portal and they are alone.

"Damn him." Bella cried

Stiles tried to comfort Bella "It'll be okay. If Peter makes it, I know that he won't stop until he gets you back."

"Yeah." Bella said inaudibly. "So he says."

"Peter may be the devil's incarnate but if I know one thing, that it's how much he cares and loves you."

Bella said nothing as she continued staring straight ahead where the portal was. She and Peter may not be on good terms right now, but she was severely worried. Did Peter get through alive or is he dead?