Chapter 79: The Hunt is Over

Bella and Malia managed to help Peter take down the Ghost Riders in the library. When the last Ghost Rider went down, everyone looked at each other, breathing heavily.

"That's my girls." Peter sighed as he looked at both of his daughters with a proud smile.

"Nothing we can't handle." Bella said looking over at Peter

Bella knew she had a lot to talk to him about "Look, dad, I...."

"Hate to break up this touching moment" Malia interrupted "but we need to go find Scott."

Malia starts walking out of the room. Peter and Bella looked at each other, rolling their eyes at the same time before following after Malia.

In the woods, Scott walks around and sees the diverter up ahead. He walks over to it and stopped when Douglas showed up.

"I'd almost say you enjoy this, Scott. The pursuit of utterly futile endeavors." Douglass said

"Step back from the diverter. Or I'll make you step back." Scott said

"Now that's the German way of doing things. You woud've made an excellent Zazi youth. "

"Maybe you didn't hear me. I said step back."

Douglass then completely turned and brought out his claws. "And maybe you didn't hear me."

Douglass lets out a roar and Scott roars back. Ghost Riders then appear. Scott stopped and looked around. There were too many of them that were surrounding him. It wasn't going to stop him. Scott steps forwards and Douglass laughed

"Unbelievable. Even in the face of insurmountable odds. I don't know if it's suicide of stupidity."

"Maybe both. Either way, I'm getting to that diverter." said Scott

"You of all people, Scott, should know what happens to a lone wolf." Douglass said

"He's not alone!" said the voice of Theo coming up behind Scott "He's got a pack."

And Theo's not in it." Malia said waking next to Theo "But I am."

"I'm not in the pack." said Peter as he walked over "But no one likes a Nazi."

Bella walked up beside Peter "This might not be my pack, but I know for a fact that we will all stand together to fight for what's right. To save this town and its people. And you, sir, are fighting for the wrong thing."

Peter looked down at Bella proudly before looking back up towards Douglass

Douglass growled and everyone turned and growled too.

When Scott goes for Douglass, the others follow, going after the Ghost Riders. The riders start shooting at them, only to miss as they dodge the attacks.

All of the others start fighting the Ghost Riders and Scott runs to fight Douglass. Scott looks over and sees Malia fighting and she is doing well. He was surprised to see Theo here and helping. Peter and Bella are another that he's surprised to see. They're fighting at least five Ghost Riders at a time. Despite it being a bloody fight, they were still fighting the riders.

On one end, Peter lost sight of Bella as the two of them were fighting the riders. Bella was too engrossed into the fighting to have noticed that she was surrounded by more Riders. Just as she turned around to fight off another, one of the Riders cracked its whip at her, wrapping it around her neck.

The rider pulls Bella to the ground as she struggles to get free from the grasp of the whip. Her own strength couldn't rip it away from her neck. She is kicking from the ground, making every attempt to get free. Bella was barely able to breathe as the grip got tighter. Her voice was barely audible as she attempted to call out for Peter. Bella starts to grow weak and lose consciousness from the suffocation but not before Malia took notice of what was happening.

"Peter!" Malia called before running over to help her sister.

As Peter turns around, she sees Malia running towards a Rider with its whip around Bella's neck.

"Bella!" Peter growled as he darted right over just as Malia got a head start and high kicked the Rider, only for the whip to still be latched around Bella's neck and she went with the Rider as he fell. Bella continues to choke as everything starts to turn black.

While Malia was punching the Rider, Peter ran down to Bella's side and was able to get her free of the whip. Peter sat her up as she started to choke on her cough, trying to gasp for air.

"You're alright," Peter said heavily as he rubbed his hand in circles around her back, trying to help Bella catch her breath

"Dad..." she tried to talk but her voice was shot and whatever sound she made, came out like a wheeze

"Don't talk." Peter tells her "Let it heal"

Douglass then kicked Scott to the ground

"Your little friends are no match for the Wild Hunt." said Douglass "There are too many of us and too few of you."

Scott stands and continues fighting. The sound of a train was coming in the distance. Scott runs at Douglass, punching him and he kicks him to the ground hard. Scott turns to see Malia holding a whip and tosses it to Scott.

Scott cracked the whip and it wrapped around the diverter and Scott pulled the lever. The tracks then divert and the train passes by on the changed path.

"You missed your train." Malia says

Scott lets out a huge roar and the others come and stand behind him.

The Ghost Riders surround them and they're waiting for the riders to attack but they all put their guns down. Then they start walking away.

"Where are you going? Stop!" Douglass cried "Come back and kill them!"

The Riders kept walking

"Yeah, call your army back. Or don't they listen to you." Theo smirked

"I am your leader! Ich Bin Dein anfuhrer! Obey me!" Douglass yelled and the Ghost Riders stopped

They all turned back around and started walking over. Scott and the pack back up. Peter held Bella closely to protect her if something were to happen. Instead of coming at them, they surround Douglass. They then shot at him and Douglass groaned in pain.

"Riders don't bow." said Peter "They have no leader."

When they moved away, Scott and everyone saw that Douglass was turned into a Ghost Rider. That's when they all left and everyone sighed in relief.

Back at the high school, Stiles runs out with Noah and Lydia. Stiles comes skidding to a half as he sees Scott, Theo, Malia, Peter and Bella emerge from the woods.. Around them, they could hear the sounds of Beacon Hills coming back to life as all the residents returned.

The hunt is over.