CHAPTER 99: A Choice

Bella and Peter walked back down to the window of Bella's bedroom from the fire escape. She let's a soft sigh when the two of them got back inside.

"Let's get this dealt with." Peter said as he went for the door.

Bella stayed where she was, standing nervously. She looked up at Peter as he stood by the door waiting for her.

"Let's go," Peter tells her.

Bella trailed behind her father as they descended down the spiral stairs. Parts of her wanted to run like a coward but she couldn't. She trails behind Peter until they are met by Derek and Scott, who were looking at them with concern.

"What took you so long?" Derek asked

"Well, nephew, my darling daughter and I were just having a lovely chat up on the roof." Peter replied sarcastically

"What?" Derek questioned

"Never mind that. I think Bella has something that she would like to say, don't you kiddo?" Peter asked as he turned to look at his daughter who was standing behind him.

Bella stood there awkwardly as she looked at the three men before her. She felt as if she were getting stage fright before presenting a speech. "Um...yeah...I do."

Bella found it harder than she thought as she couldn't form the words.

"Listen, Scott..." Bella started "What I...What I want to..."

Bella just kept stammering her words awkwardly. 

"She doesn't want to be in your pack, Scott." Peter jumps in "There. End of discussion."

"Yup, that's it." Bella looked at Peter in disbelief "Thanks, dad."

"Anytime, kiddo." Peter smirked

"Is that true?" Scott asked Bella "You don't want to be a part of my pack?"

Bella looked right at Scott with wide eyes, too scared to come up with the answer. If anything, she was afraid of what Scott would say and do.

"So what if it is?"

"Uh," Scott stammered, "Can't we at least talk about this?"

"My mind is made up." Bella said "You did your part. Now you can leave"

Bella walked away and went out to the balcony. She could hear Scott conversing with her father and Derek.

She leans against the railing as she grunts in frustration. Bella thought that a huge weight was lifted off of her shoulders. With Peter's help, she had gotten this over with. But it doesn't seem like that Scott was gonna go down easily.

Scott watched Bella as she stood on the balcony. She was a healing kid who had suffered so much when there was no cause. He knew that Peter was supposed to be the bad guy here and had seriously considered that it was Peter who didn't want Bella in his pack. But no. It was the complete opposite. Bella made the choice on her own and that she would rather be an omega than join his pack. To be an omega alongside her father.

This came as a complete surprise to Scott. Derek had explained to him that they had needed an Alpha's help to determine Bella's abilities but Scott wasn't prepared for this. When he did the alpha roar, Bella instantly became a member of his pack, his beta, and she all but left it within minutes. Even still, Scott wanted to look out for her.

Bella drags her hands down her face, staring outward for a brief moment until Scott's voice shocks her back to the present. Bella turned to look instinctively and there stood Scott, standing beside her with a concerned look.